help, list of my possible add-ons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help, list of my possible add-ons

(keep in mind that im an idiot and i just got my first car a month ago [img]smile.gif[/img] :D )I plan on getting the following, let me know if you see anything conflicting or what not.

for the CAI, I am confused, slp only has one of the parts as v6, but the whole package only says v8. I wanted to get the 'FloPac'
    V6- http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=21033
    V8- http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=21047

And for exhaust I was thinking about the magnaflow, http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/parts/15693_lg.jpg
    But that doesn't come with headers and the like, does it?

[ November 29, 2004, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: 00firebird ]

talk to the guy over at www.ftpp.net he can help you out

but
    NO cat backs do not come with headers
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

wow the headers there are 799.99, how could 20-30 hp really be worth that much?
      Also which guy were you referring to?

Comment

the guy is josh at ftpp.net, and he's a good guy to do business with.

if you pay $800 for headers, you're either rich or stupid. get pacesetters for $200. and for the record, don't expect 30hp out of headers. ;)

as for the magnaflow, it's just from the catalytic converter on back.
        1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

IMHO: Skip the header headache for now. You already have tubular manifolds. your gains will not be as much as the older cars with the cast log type manifolds. You will not have to by new plug wires either if you keep the tubes. Magnaflow are stainless steel. Their v6 catback is supposed to bolt right up...no problem.
          You said this is your first car...headers will not be easy. keep that in mind.
          The v8 flopac kit you linked is just that...a v8 kit. will not work. The v8 airbox lid is different...(center port rather than off set to the right. the flopac is overpriced (IMO) anyway. Get your own K and N filter (50 bucks) Get a ram air kit like the basic SLP or FTRAIK. Look up 'shave airbox lid'...free mod...and you can make a smooth air bellows out of 3" PVC pipe and remove your air silencer. (about 5 bucks with clamps)
          Good Luck. Enjoy the ride.
          01 Firebird A4 3.42
          Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
          and other mods
          Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

yeah, i was lookin at that shave airbox lid thing, i cant say i fully understood it, but it sounded like i had to cut stuff up which i really wanna just leave be. do you have a link for the ram air packages? i found some before but cant find what site it was

Comment

Originally posted by 00firebird:
              yeah, i was lookin at that shave airbox lid thing, i cant say i fully understood it, but it sounded like i had to cut stuff up which i really wanna just leave be. do you have a link for the ram air packages? i found some before but cant find what site it was
              Intake parts

I've shopped there before, the shipping was quick, and they had a sale on the whisper lid. You can either buy from them, or use what they sell as a reference, so you know what's available for your car. Good luck

Oh, one more thing. I don't know if you already know or not, but LS1 lids will not work with our cars, because on the LS1, the throttle body sits in the middle, with the lid having an exit in the center. With the 3800s, the lid exits off to the right side, on the back, to line up with the throttle body

[ December 01, 2004, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: majeskyb ]
              2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X