Cat Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat Converter

Hey guys whats up?. I just got to get a NEW cat converter for my 2000 Camaro because the original 1 just crapped out. Got to love the emmissions warranty that came with our cars. Mines covered till 2009 or 80000 miles wichever comes first. Right now I'm at 20k miles, so I should go through 1 to 2 more before the warranty expires. Factory replacement cost for the unit is around 450$ not including labor to install it. Cool huh. Would have put a high flow unit in, but I also have a extended warranty for 5 more years. Oh if you think that stock backpressure is bad, try it with a clogged and broken cat where it really restricts flow, I couldn't take 1rst to 30mhp, got to 18 though. Can't wait to get the new unit installed and go out onto the freeway and high the speed limiter again. haha
    255/50R16 Tires, Pioneer Deck, Pioneer 4 Way speakers, PPI Amps, JL subs, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, Optima Yellow Top

hmmm.... so was there a point to this post..? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Xenon body kit, 17\" Diablo Burgini Rims, Wings West Spoiler, Borla Exhaust, Intercooled tips, SLP CAI, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, HPP3, Vette Servo, Custom Red and Black Leather interior, Alum. DS. <br /><br />187rwhp and 204lbs torque<br />15.51 with .45 r/t

Comment

20,000 miles on stock cat? the people who know more about these cars than me might say there could be something else wrong with car. A stock cat should last longer than that. done any mods? been running premium fuel? anything?
      01 Firebird A4 3.42
      Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
      and other mods
      Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

20,000 miles on stock cat? the people who know more about these cars than me might say there could be something else wrong with car. A stock cat should last longer than that. done any mods? been running premium fuel? anything?
        01 Firebird A4 3.42
        Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
        and other mods

Comment

01 Firebird A4 3.42
          Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
          and other mods

Comment

yeah you had to post that 3 times :rolleyes: damn dial up people
            hmm mine has 120k and still same cat :D

Comment

I was running premium 91 octane fuel with a jet stage 2 chip. I regularly hit 125mph on the freeway at times.
              255/50R16 Tires, Pioneer Deck, Pioneer 4 Way speakers, PPI Amps, JL subs, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, Optima Yellow Top

Comment

Ever hit anything, dog, cat, small child? No idea why it crapped out like that, unless it was bad from the factory or damaged by flying down the freeway at high speed. Been running pig-rich lately? :D
                Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Why would running premium fuel hurt a cat?

Comment

my original cat lasted for 78k+ miles, u must have hit something with it, but then again my carsound cat lasted for 4k, wait but i did hit my new cat lol
                    -Paul-<br /><br />03 Lancer Evolution VIII<br /><br />1998 Camaro M5 - Traded

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X