New car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car

Hey guys I just got a 96' Camaro. It a manual v6. I want a deep throaty sound to it. And any suggestions on my first "power mod"
    \"If I have seen further, it is by standing upon the <br />shoulders of giants.\" (Isaac Newton)

deep throaty doesnt always mean a power mod.

i personally have a dynomax dual outlet muffler , stock WS6 tail spouts. it will sound alot better and deeper then stock. go visit your local napa. tehy will have it in stock

dave
    03 Subaru WRB WRX<br />Clear parking lights<br />Autometer Phantom Boost guage

Comment

Welcome to the boards edge, I think your first mod should be a good free flowing intake. Next would be exhaust. That should be a good start and a lot better sound than stock. You can pick up most any performance part your looking for at www.slponline.com, thunderracing.com, tbyrne.com.

Comment

What is this free flowing intake you are talking about. Keep in mind I used to drive that *****in 'stang.
        \"If I have seen further, it is by standing upon the <br />shoulders of giants.\" (Isaac Newton)

Comment

Free flowing intake, I mean like the SLP Cold Air Kit, or the K&N FIPK, I dont know which works best because I have a 98 which is totally different, Maybee some of the 95-97 Fbody guys can tell you which one they like best.

Comment

What about a chip. Should I look into one before I have any major mods.

Comment

I think you're gonna be outta luck on the chip, some chip manufactures have them listed on their website for the 3.8, but i don't think they really exist. I could be wrong... anyone?
              Justin96Bird / Justin98TransAm<p>1998 Navy Blue TransAm<p>Whisper Lid<br />free ram air<br />K&N Filter<br /><a href=\"http://www.hhbc.com/justin96bird/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">DynoMouth Exhaust</a><p><a href=\"http://www.hhbc.com/justin96bird/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.hhbc.com/justin96bird/index.htm</a>

Comment

I thought we had a guy on the boards that had a Hypertech power programmer? Pretty sure we do. Who is it? Jet chip makes one for my car maybe they got one for the v6. Theres another company called ASE TECHNOLOGIES they have a website and they will make a chip for any car.

Comment

Here's the deal...

The first modification you would want to make is a cold-air intake. SLP or K&N offer intakes (SLP is pricey, but the best, I have one). To get that throaty sound, you'd need an exhaust to compliment. I'm looking into Dynomax right now..look at previous threads to help pinpoint which exhaust you want to put onto your car.

In terms of a chip for your PCM..one does not exist. Magnus has been working on programming for us that were left in the dust..so hopefully he cracks it sometime soon. I also know a guy (I just have to find his new number) who does programming for Impalas,Firebirds,Vettes,and Caprices. I'll post about him if I ever find him but I'm almost 100% sure he can reprogram 96-97 birds/camaros.

Hope this helps!
                  2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

yeah i have the slp cai and it kicks butt, gives you a lot more power, well ok i know i could sure feel the difference, next i would go with a dynomax super turbo muffler only 40 bucks the best sound in my opinion, everybody has there own, but if you want a deep sound that doesn't get ricey ever, then get the dynomax. that would be a good start, i would change plugs and plug wires then if you bout it used i would do the fuel filter, just for the fact that you don't know when its been changed and a clogged fuel filter will screw up you pump and make it burn out sooner, trust me on this im going through it now, not a cheep ordeal.
                    1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

The 80 series Flowmaster sounds much better than Dynomax. It might not sound great at first, but give it time to burn and it sounds very mean. Many people come up to me asking how I got my Z28 roaring. Someone I know has a Camaro with Dynomax, mine sounds much better, his isn't as loud and doesn't have nearly as much rumble. He switched over to Flowmaster. Some people say Flowmaster sounds ricey, thats because they expected results right away. Give it time and its worth it. I spent $130 at Meineke and that included labor. I recommend them. Thats a good price for it.
                      2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

Don't get me wrong the flowmaster is a sweet muffler. I had mine for about a year and a half and i got a dynomax about 3 months ago it isnt as loud as the flowmaster but it doesnt sound like a chainsaw at high rpm's I am much happier with the dynomax
                        2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

Says the Dynomax is nice. It's got a quiet V8 sounding rumble at idle but it doesn't get loud until you step on it. And yes Flow's are much louder, but can get annoying once you're on the highway at a constant 2,000 - 2,500RPMs.

Anyway I've got a question. I've got just the Dynomax muffler and I want a full catback system. Any suggestions of what I should do to complete it.

Comment

My first mods were moroso intake(I dont know why this is never included as a good cai system), ASP underdrive pulleys, and flowmaster 80 series. You can get all 3 for about $350 and your new camaro will be faster and sound better.
                            RED 1995 CAMARO 3.4L<br />Moroso cai, ASP Underdrive Pulleys, B&M Shifter, Flowmaster 80-Series Muffler, Polygraphite Sway Bar Bushings, Endlinks, and Panhard Rod Bushings

Comment

Isnt the Moroso CAI for the 3.4 only? He's got a 3.8. And the underdrive pulleys are not available for the 3.8. I guess our pulleys cant get much better is why.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X