exhaust gains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust gains?

I have a 95 3.4l firebird convertible and i just got 3 inch exaust put on from behind the cat to the muffler which is now an 80 series flowmaster. So my question is how much power do you think I'll gain? thanks!
    Looking for a rebuildable 93-02 Formula or t/a

about 5HP, the major thing to gain is a high flow cat and headers, with all those you can gain about 10-15 crank HP with a 3.4
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

sorry, im a noob, but what are high flow cats and headers? if i buy an exhaust system will they come with it?

Comment

mother f......ok, nevermind, I'm in a good mood today, so I'm gonna be nice. What viper's talking about is a high-flow catalytic converter, and headers are a higher-flowing system of pipes used to replace your stock exhaust manifolds. They are bolted to the engine and carry exhaust gas directly from the engine down to the catalytic converter. And no, they don't come with the purchase of an exhaust system. You can find both of these on Ebay though.

And remember, the "search" button is your friend!
        2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

makes sense. the headers i found from slp are $799.00? How much power do they really add?

Comment

slp doesnt make headers for our cars. so you are looking at v8 headers, and if you want info on those, the hooker v8 headers flow better, but the SLP's are quieter. buddy of mine has a T/A WS6, and it runs 12.2s, im so jeleous, hes just turned 18
            2000 Navy Blue T-top Camaro A4<br />TSP Rumbler <br />Carsound Hi-flo Cat<br />!MAF screen<br />Whisper lid<br />HPP3

Comment

thanks guys
              Looking for a rebuildable 93-02 Formula or t/a

Comment

about 2 horsepower at most.....goodluck.....the only thing exhuast is good for is sound and looks, unless ur dealing with serious engine work
                SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X