What size of exhuast pipe should i use? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size of exhuast pipe should i use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size of exhuast pipe should i use?

Hey guys,

I have been wanting to upgrade my exhaust system for a while and im finally going to do it. I have a 3.8 and i am going to have a cat-back with a cutout on the i-pipe, and a dynomax muffler. The only thing i dunno is what size of piping i should use. I want the car to sound good through out the whole rpm range (no ricey sound), and have a throaty sound. Is the sound of a 2.5 inch pipe just about the same sound of a 3 inch pipe?? Anyone who has heard of both please write what u think. Thanks for your time

I have a 3" pipe w/ an Edelbrock on mine now the whole way through. It sounds real good all the way through the RMP band. I first had the 2.5" pipe with the original set-up. With that I had better lowend power and now since I have the larger size pipe I lost some lowend but will compensate w/ new gears and some engine work.

JR
    1996 Camaro 3.8<br />Edelbrock Exhaust, SLP Intake, Bosch, Platinum +4 Plugs, Accel Wires, SLP fan switch<p>\"Let the good times roll\"

Comment

when u changed from the 2.5 pipe to the 3 inch, was there a huge difference in the sound?

Comment

Well it sounds a little deeper also due to the fact that I had the cat removed.

JR
        1996 Camaro 3.8<br />Edelbrock Exhaust, SLP Intake, Bosch, Platinum +4 Plugs, Accel Wires, SLP fan switch<p>\"Let the good times roll\"

Comment

Is there anyone who can tell me what I-pipe size i should use??

Comment

go with 2.75...gain top end and no loss in low end power...track tested...my approval. :D

Comment

Go on CamaroZ28.com or LS1.com and ask around for anyone who has upgraded their exhaust. They will prob sell/give you their old I pipe which is 2.75.
              1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

Comment

You might be able to find one off a local Fbody website in your area for free like me. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X