Raised Air Box (6mm using 3 washers per bolt)- this is supposed to do what? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raised Air Box (6mm using 3 washers per bolt)- this is supposed to do what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raised Air Box (6mm using 3 washers per bolt)- this is supposed to do what?

Explain it to me, I keep seeing people that add this to their mods list, but I don't really understand the whole concept, is it supposed to direct air flow better or something else unconcieveable? I don't really get it, pardon my density.

edit: there, sorry got caught in the moment i guess, i just dont see the whole point.

[ March 08, 2002: Message edited by: xjarayax ]</p>
    AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

You would probably get more responses if you dont ask a question so bluntly by saying wtf. Just trying to help you out. Cardinalv6 would probably know the answer to this.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bluecmaro96:
      Cardinalv6 would probably know the answer to this.<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, well Cardinal isn't here ;)

I'm going to keep this simple. The theory goes that by raising the airbox you are effectively increasing the inlet area, and are able to draw air into the airbox more easily. The engine can only apply so much vacuum on the air... so basically it allows it to breathe easier. This is analogous to trying run breathing normally, or trying to run while breathing through a straw. Expect slightly better throttle response, slightly better performance and a "sucking" noise under heavy throttle.
      Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by HAZ-Matt:

Yeah, well Cardinal isn't here ;)

I'm going to keep this simple. The theory goes that by raising the airbox you are effectively increasing the inlet area, and are able to draw air into the airbox more easily. The engine can only apply so much vacuum on the air... so basically it allows it to breathe easier. This is analogous to trying run breathing normally, or trying to run while breathing through a straw. Expect slightly better throttle response, slightly better performance and a "sucking" noise under heavy throttle.
        <hr></blockquote>

yep :D
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X