ANYONE with a wisper lid or another lid please come in>> - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANYONE with a wisper lid or another lid please come in>>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANYONE with a wisper lid or another lid please come in>>

I did the Free Ram Air mod and it felt a little more free breathing, I have a K&N filter too, I want to look into a different lid, will I notice a difference in proformance? I found something in my RK sport book and it includes the lid, 2 clamps and a hose that looks like a dryer hose, they want $164.95, is that reasonable?
    My only concern is that where does that sensor that plugs into my current lid go? The one in my picture doesnt show any thing, does anyone know? I dont want to mess up my car and all.
    Is it worth the money? I will not buy it if I will not notice a difference.
    does that light duty hose hold up?
    ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

i got the rk lid and it has a whole for the sensor. i noticed the car breathing better right away. acceleration is way improved. basically all lids are the same. i wish i had bought the whisper lid cause i aint to into thr rk name thing.
    6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

Dude just get the whisper lid. FORGET RK SPORT...can we say OVER PRICED! ill Admit i buy things from them..but ONLY as a LAST RESORT. Id locate a USED one or go find the webpages that sell the DIFFERENT lids. You can get the whisper lid for like 125 bucks or so. I got mine USED for 100$ ALSO you may not FEEL the difference in the car...but it WILL be there. you dont have to FEEL the gain for there to BE a gain in power. There will be a difference in the way the motor and exhaust sounds. At least there was with mine. The motor sounds quite a bit MEANER in my opinion and the exhaust isnt as raspy and its a little deeper. BTW my GIRLFRIEND noticed these changes BEFORE i did. She knows NOTHING about cars , hell she doesnt even have a car of her own yet. But she noticed...so id say GO FOR THE WHISPER LID!

[ March 07, 2002: Message edited by: Jason ]</p>
      2001 Black S10 Xtreme 4.3L A4<br />*RedLineVSix*<br />\"Throwin sparks, draggin frame\"

Comment

RK Sport is the biggest ripoff out there. Get a whisper lid from http://www.tbyrne.com or http://www.thunderracing.com
        <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

I wouldnt go as far to say theyre a rip off..just PRICEY...thats all. Thier stuff aint bad quality or anything you just pay out your butt for it.
          2001 Black S10 Xtreme 4.3L A4<br />*RedLineVSix*<br />\"Throwin sparks, draggin frame\"

Comment

Pricey, Ripoff, both the same to me. The same the stuff they're selling, you can get it somewhere else 30% cheaper.
            <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

i know..that is why i directed him elsewhere...RK SPORT is a LAST resort if you ask me...

Comment

Anyone want to tell me the difference between all the lids and the stock one? Just knock out the restrictive baffles on the stock hood with a hammer and you have the same thing right? Are the aftermarket ones higher or something? I really can't tell a difference with the pictures.
                AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

it eliminates the baffles..it LOOKS taller...the inside of the lid doesnt have those large fins on the inside. instead of the lid opening being oval its a big *** CIRCLE to match the throttle body and im sure there is something i missed, but thats the general idea.

Comment

yeah, dont go through RK, i got mine from thunder racing for $125, and its a great quality lid.
                    1998 3.8 V6 Black Firebird W68<br />Ask me about my mods if you really want to know...<br />Member of:<br />Street Lethal Performance F-body Orginization<br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethalperformance.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.streetlethalperformance.com</a><br />Check out my Bird<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=321377\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=321377</a>

Comment

Had anybody bypassed the air silencer while using the stock lid, and then tried the Whisper lid? I wanted to know if the biggest difference is from the lid itself, or just from bypassing the air silencer?
                      Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Thanks shortdog273, I am checking out both of those places, I didnt want to order from RKsport, I do agree it is way over prices although some things are reasonable.
                        ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

http://www.nobispro.com/carpics/pics/Horsepower.JPG

http://www.nobispro.com/carpics/pics/Torque.JPG

Comment

Thanks, Rik. It's great to finally see actual dyno numbers with & without the Whisper Lid. I didn't think there would be that big of an improvement. I know they advertise about that much, but usually it's all hype. Do you also have any cold/ram air mod with that lid?
                            Pewter 2002 Z28 M6<br />Black \'98 Camaro 3.8 M5 (Gone)<br />Silver \'97 Camaro Conv. 3.8 A4 (Girlfriend\'s)

Comment

Got the Lid, loved the results. Was WELL worth it.
                              2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X