Removing the MAF Screen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the MAF Screen...

Is the screen the actual MAF sensor itself, or is a protective screen for the MAF sensor?
    Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

It is neither. It is there to reduce turbulance. See the write-up about the MAF in the Technical Database, specifications section, engine subsection.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

The MAF mod isnt worth it.. I tried it and noticed no performance gain... a little deeper, but not enough to risk getting somthing down your intake.

Comment

hrrmm you got an air filter right? hrmm if its gets past the filter im sure it will get past the screen

only real reason i see to leave it on is if ou are spraying a dry shot of nitrous so it will spread the coldness out and not hit the MAF sensor

[ March 08, 2002: Message edited by: Jason Morgan ]</p>

Comment

If you are running a dry nitrous kit, the coolness can cause the screen to become brittle and break, then become SUCKED into your motor.. and possibly destroy it.

I highly recomend you remove the screen if you are using nitrous.

Also, I have done many autotap logs with screen vs no screen.. It doesn't make a difference for performance.

The only difference I see is at idle.. with the screen the #'s are more stable.. For this reason ONLY do I have my screen in...

With the screen out and the poly trans mount, the vibrations sucked so I had to put the screen back in for comfort.

I think I'll pull it out again though.
          Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X