Sensors and SES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensors and SES

I put in my SLP CAI today and as I was driving around in it this afternoon, I got an SES light. I checked all the connections and re-applied gas cap (just filled up last night and thought maybe that was it). Light didn't go away so I reset the computer again (1st time was as I was installing the CAI)and the light never went away. When I restarted the engine, it came on and stayed on. I think maybe I broke the IAT sensor. Would a broken sensor set a hard code like that?? The car runs fine and idles okay. Not as smooth as it used to but it isn't rough at all.
    Mods include: SLP CAI, 2.5\" Dynomax catback exhaust, Bosch Platinum spark plugs, Taylor 8mm Spiro ignition wires, Eibach Prokit springs

broken sensor may set hard code... have codes pulled. in the meantime, check resistance of sensor and compare to specs at the temp you measured. then check for 5vdc ref on the wires going to the sensor. if both check good, this is not your problem.
    ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

mine did that too!! i reset the computer but the damn light stayed on, then i went out and drove it for a while, and the light went off, so maybe reset your pcm by pulling those two fuses, and if the light is still on like mine was, go out and drive it for a while, highway, city, wot, cruising, and maybe it will go off, if not, get the codes pulled and see what is going on
      1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

i installed my CAI about 2 weeks ago, I have been having the same problem.

the lights goes off every now and then, but comes back on eventually.

I even went as far as putting my stock intake back on...the light went off, and stayed off.

So i know my sensor isnt broken, YES i did plug the sensor in correctly on the CAI...i dunno, this is a pain in the a$$.

Comment

Well, thanks for the help. I pulled the PCM IGN and PCM BATT fuses out this morning for like 5 mins, put them back in, and the liaght was gone when I started it up. Drove around, highway, cruising and WOT for about 30 mins and still hasn't come on.

I actually forgot to take the sensor out of the old intake and plug that into the hole on the CAI also. Just plugged the connector into the hole in the CAI. By the time I thought about it, the SES light was already on. Gee, did I feel dumb.

But problem is solved now, hopefully. Thanks again for the tips.
          Mods include: SLP CAI, 2.5\" Dynomax catback exhaust, Bosch Platinum spark plugs, Taylor 8mm Spiro ignition wires, Eibach Prokit springs

Comment

lets see if that fuse pulling works for me...i tried disconnecting the negative battery terminal, didnt work.

Comment

Well, the light stayed off for a little while but came on later in the day. I was going to wait for my friend to get back in town so I could putthe car on his AutoTap and see what was going on. Yesterday he told me he wasn't going to come back as planned so I figured I would take a shot at something else. I thought that maybe the incoming air was too turbulent without the MAF screen being there to smooth it out. Put the MAF screen back in and reset the computer. Light was still on after reset so I just left it alone. As I was cruising around today, the light went off.

So, if you have taken the MAF screen out of your car, black97cam, try putting it back in and resetting the PCM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X