A Question For Dynomax Muffler Owners - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Question For Dynomax Muffler Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a cai from slp for my car, so that should help the sound of the exhast out I think, but from what you guys tell me I think that I might go with the dynomax, I don't want my car too loud, but I do want it deep and thoaty!! I know the flowmaster does that!!! I wouldn't mind something pretty deep that sounds good thoughout the entire range, I will tald to my muffler guy tommorw bout it, cuz he has one in stock and that would be great to have it put on tommorow, I don';t like stock exhast, even though its not too bAD i have the y87 and w68
    1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

What type of dynomax should I go with I saw that there ar two types, I think my muffler guy had the more expensive one. He showed it to me and i liked it, and he said that I would like the sound, but it was like 140 bucks, but all i want now is the muffler.
      1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

I went with the superturbo. I've talked with several dynomax dealers and they say that the ultra flow and superturbo for our models(camaro-firebird only) has the same flow, but one is stainless is and the other is not. Besides, I haven't read not one negative comment for the dynomax superturbo.

[ January 01, 2002: Message edited by: shortdog273 ]</p>
        <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Im still partial to the flowmaster, just dont go overrevving the engine in park - it sounds beautiful [img]smile.gif[/img]
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

if anyone's interested, i have a dynomax magnum race muffler (i think thats what its called) w/ 3" inlet and dual 2.5" outlet... i bought it from some guy off ls1.com, but it didn't really fit well on my car, so i just had the muffler shop throw on a flowmaster 80 series... i plan to upgrade soon to a B&B triflo catback anyway, but i'd sell the dynomax for like $50 shipped (it was $100 new) email me at stingray478@yahoo.com if interested... i'll try to find out part # for you if you need it too...
            Neil O.
            1999 Pontiac Firebird W68 Ram Air<br />3800 Series II V6 A4<p>Appearance: <br />Black, Ram Air Hood, Ground Effects, T-Tops, Silver Decals by Firebat, <br />Stock 16\" Chrome 5-Star Wheels, Chrome WS6 Dual Exhaust Tips<p>Performance:<br />Yank Super Thruster 3500 Torque Converter, 3.42 gears w/ OEM Zexel Torsen LSD, Jet Stage II chip, 180* Thermostat, B&M Transmission Cooler, Whisper Lid, K&N, Free Ram Air, 1/2\" Raised Airbox, Custom 2.5\" Catback Exhaust w/ Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler, Nitto 555R Drag Radials (back), Goodyear Eagle GSC 245/50ZR16 (front)

Comment

Im sorry blk brd...

Super turbo muffler costed me only 60 bucks BRAND NEW. 100 bucks? Sounds like you got ripped off.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X