? for guys with wraparound manifolds. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

? for guys with wraparound manifolds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? for guys with wraparound manifolds.

on your driver's side manifold is there supposed to be a heat sheild on the top? And if so, does it cover where the EGR pipe connects to it. Does anyone have a picture of their engine bay where I can see it also? And lastly if any of you guys changed to headers you don't happen to have that extra heat sheild laying around do you?

Thanks, Ted

Cmon guys, through all the header changes and stuff somebody on here would of at least once in their life glanced at their header and known if there was a heat shield on it or not? I try to help fellow v6ers out all the time, all I need is this simple little answer? Anyone?

[ September 20, 2003: Message edited by: Ted ]</p>

Comment

What is wraparound? AFAIK, on both types of stock 3.8 manifolds (log and tubular) have shields that are a separate piece. PAcesetters do not come with shields, coated or not.
      -Rob
      <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

The wraparounds are the manifolds used on the '93-99 V6s, until they converted over to tubular manifolds in 2000, I guess you use the log term to describe them. Does the heat sheild cover to where the EGR connects to the manifold?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Wicked 3800 V6:
          What is wraparound? <hr></blockquote>

It is a term used for many GM stock headers that acually "wrap-around" the spark plugs, hence the name wrap-around manifolds. Most stock LT1s and older style 3.8s (96-99) have this type of manifold design from the factory.
          2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

from what i remember... the egr valve is lower on the log manifolds.. but i dont think it was covered by the heatsheild.. maybe partially
            96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Dang, can anyone take a picture of theirs for me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

guess not, thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ted:
                  guess not, thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.<hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] Anytime!
                  2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X