2000+ stock headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000+ stock headers

OK I have a 96, I want headers. But RK sport is known for problems and CAI are way exspensive. So I was thinking, the 2000+ exaust manifold is tubular right? If I were to buy those clean them up a little (port+polish), and powdercoat them would they perform just as well as the RK sport? but without the leaking problems? I know that they have to be better that what is on their now. TIA
    1996 Y87 Camaro, 175.0 rwhp, 211.6 rwtq.....1/4 15.500@88.54 &lt;----- Needs work!!<br />-CAI, Custom bent S-Pipe, LS1 I-Pipe, Flowmaster 80 series, !MAF, manual fan switch, relocated trunk pop switch, 180 degree t-stat, More to come!<br /> <a href=\"http://camaro.wbisolutions.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaro.wbisolutions.com</a> <p>WANTED!!! Naked and handcuffed!

You'd me missing out on just a few HP with the tubular exhaust manifolds...you MIGHT find a place that will extrude-hone them for you (increase the inner diameter).
    2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Are they made out of that high temp plastic crap? how do you extrude honed that? Yeah they are basically headers but if your going to do the swap atleast get a good 3 runs at the track before and after or have dyno's done so you know if you really gained anything and you can benefit the club with your findings.

Comment

You're thinking of the intake manifold on an LS1...it's composite. The exhaust manifolds on the 3.8's are cast iron, last time I checked.
        2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Fin:
          You're thinking of the intake manifold on an LS1...it's composite. The exhaust manifolds on the 3.8's are cast iron, last time I checked.<hr></blockquote>

Your 2001 should be tubular, not cast.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I know they're tubular...maybe I need to look at them better, 'cause they look like cast iron to me!
            2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

So we can use the 2000+ exhaust manifold?
              <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

Fin cast iron are usually rusty, are yours that way?

Comment

Yeah they are, that's why I made the comment about them being cast-iron in the first place.

And now the confusion begins

Comment

100% Iron.
                    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Well, I am trying to find a place online that has cheep exaust manifolds for the 2000+ camaro. But no luck so far. If the price is right I might buy them, have them worked on and see what kinda numbers I can get by using the new exaust manifolds. Anyone know where I can get a good price on a set?
                      1996 Y87 Camaro, 175.0 rwhp, 211.6 rwtq.....1/4 15.500@88.54 &lt;----- Needs work!!<br />-CAI, Custom bent S-Pipe, LS1 I-Pipe, Flowmaster 80 series, !MAF, manual fan switch, relocated trunk pop switch, 180 degree t-stat, More to come!<br /> <a href=\"http://camaro.wbisolutions.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaro.wbisolutions.com</a> <p>WANTED!!! Naked and handcuffed!

Comment

try gm parts direct for new ones if you want to try used ones check with scott at speed automotive

note: if you go for new ones from gm parts direct you will have to e-mail them to get part #'s and price. online catalog is less than adequate

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: black98V6 ]</p>
                        -Brad
                        98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
                        2000 V-Star Custom 1100
                        If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
                        :rock:

Comment

If nothing else at least they will make changing the damn plugs and wires easier. :D
                          2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X