Hey Stefan(or anyone else), have a question for yeah?? about exhaust setup?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Stefan(or anyone else), have a question for yeah?? about exhaust setup??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Stefan(or anyone else), have a question for yeah?? about exhaust setup??

Well, I've got the same exhaust setup that you instructed on your website. Headers, high flow cat, and 3" Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back System. All I can say is I love it. Everyone that hears it can not believe I have six. [img]smile.gif[/img] I just came back from the Rod Run in Pigeon Forge, TN and I had so many people looking at my car as I drove by, it was great. It sounds deep all the way through. I'm having one problem though, instead of RK Sports headers, I have CIA headers and the Y-pipe from CIA. The Y-pipe is extremely close to the heat shield right above it. It makes an awful rattle sound, mainly when going down hills, or when I first start the car up, and sometimes when just driving. Well, I was thinking of taking the heat shield off, but my floor board already gets hot if I set in traffic for a while. So, I was wondering would it be ok to put header wrap on the ending of the Y-pipe to keep it from having metal to metal contact with the heat shield. My friend said I could dent the heat shield in a little to allow more room. But, I would not mind to place header wrap on the Y-pipe if I new that it would be ok(would not catch on fire).

[ September 15, 2003: Message edited by: Guardiannknight ]

[ September 16, 2003: Message edited by: Guardiannknight ]</p>
    2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
    5 speed
    Project: Unreal
    Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
    2007 Chevy Aveo 5
    Mods K&N air filter:excited:
    www.guardiansworlds.com

Anyone??
    5 speed

Daily driver
    2007 Chevy Aveo 5
    www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

bend the shield.. wrap ia trash

Comment

Wrap is not good for long term use, it promotes corrosion.

My system was vibrating against the cross brace at times. The brace that goes from side to side of the transmission tunnel, just behind the catalytic converter. I rolled the edges of the brace down just a bit, to get a little more clearance there.

If the heat shield is touching, you may be able to bend it enough to keep it from touching. I would try that.

You may have to get under the car while it's running, to tell for sure where the sound is coming from. Exhaust rattles are hard to pin down from inside the car.
        \'98 A4 Camaro v6-&gt;v8 conversion, and STS kit next<br />v6: 13.6 Powerdyne, 13.2 150 shot, 13.8 120 shot, 14.3 85 shot, 15.7 stock<br />v8(na): 12.18@113, 392rwhp<br />Moderator on <a href=\"http://www.mtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.mtfba.org</a> and <a href=\"http://www.frrax.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.frrax.com</a> (Road Race & Autocross)<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/johnduncan10\" target=\"_blank\">Car pics</a>, <a href=\"http://www.trscca.com\" target=\"_blank\">TN Region SCCA</a>

Comment

Hey, thanks for the replies. I was thinking about going with this from summitracing.com
          THE-11600
          Pipe Heat Shield, Clamp-On, 1 Ft., Proprietary Thermal Coating
          $19.95 [img]smile.gif[/img]
          5 speed

Daily driver
          2007 Chevy Aveo 5
          www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

Ok I need help ASAP, I got the system and gave all the parts to my shop. I just went on a trip and the shop tells me I'm missing a S-Pipe...THe site didn't mention anything about buying another part/s-pipe....Is the Shop on crack or do I need to buy a S-pipe, and if so, any part #s???

PLEASE HELP!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jiacono:
              Ok I need help ASAP, I got the system and gave all the parts to my shop. I just went on a trip and the shop tells me I'm missing a S-Pipe...THe site didn't mention anything about buying another part/s-pipe....Is the Shop on crack or do I need to buy a S-pipe, and if so, any part #s???

PLEASE HELP!
              <hr></blockquote>

Nope the shop is right. I bought the Cat Back System that was made for the V-8(3" system). I think the other system, is the 2.5" inch, I think. But, back to your question. The s-pipe has to be made. I had the exhaust shop make me a 3" S-pipe for my cat back system. It's not mandrill(think that'z how you spell it) bent but, it's the best S-pipe I could imagine being made from an exhaust shop. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] So, your going to have to, have your exhaust shop make you an S-pipe or try to figure out the exact measurements and then send them to a company that can mandrill bend you an S-pipe. Hope this all makes since, I'm way tired. Working 7 days a week does that to yeah. :( Any other questions just let me know. ;)
              5 speed

Daily driver
              2007 Chevy Aveo 5
              www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

Thanks! I just hope the shop can make one!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X