SLP CAI Install on a 1996 Firebird 3.8L - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLP CAI Install on a 1996 Firebird 3.8L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP CAI Install on a 1996 Firebird 3.8L

How easy is it to install an SLP CAI? Does anybody have pics of install process or what the SLP CAI looks like inside the engine after install?

I don't have any pics but I'll try to explain it for you. You might want to do a search for pics. Basically, it's an easy install. If you have no experience modding your car or working under the hood it might seem kind of scary but it's not. If I remember all you need is a couple of screw drivers. You take off everything from the throttle body out. The intake doesn't look like it will fit but it slips in there. You want to put on the medal pipeing first then put on the elbow. The most important thing here is to make sure those filters stay on. You can have big problems if you don't, I know from experience. The way you have to put the filters on is from underneath. You don't have to remove the wheel well. Just remove the hard plastic part in the corner underneath the turn signal. It shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes.
    1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

It's EXTREMELY easy, doesn't take any skill. Just simple removal of old airbox, install new piping, elbow, and plug in the sensor back into the new elbow - then just reset pcm.

I'll take pics and throw a link later today.
      2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X