Catalytic Converter Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalytic Converter Pricing

I hear everyone saying you can get a high flow cat for cheap...~$60. Where do you see this? I go to tbyrne and summit racing and it's over $150...closer to $200.

From Summit their Catco cats are around $60.
    2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

Catco universal---$60. Catco direct fit---a lot more.
      1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

Comment

Just call Summit & tell them what you need. I called & got the $60 Catco from them, the shop installed it for like $30, & that was it.
        2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

ok thanks guys. I was looking at the direct fit ones. I'll give summit a call later in the week. BTW, how long does it take them to ship because I'm going to a muffler shop soon to get the rest of my catback redone

Comment

Took about 2 days when I ordered mine.

Comment

Summit doesn't say that those are hi-flow. It just says that they are "better than stock", are they considered to be just as good?
              - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Red V6 Raider:
                Summit doesn't say that those are hi-flow. It just says that they are "better than stock", are they considered to be just as good?<hr></blockquote>

Yup, read this: http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...&f=25&t=000997

However, if $$ was not a problem, i would probably get this cat.

[ May 17, 2002: Message edited by: Night Rider ]</p>
                <a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/bluethunder.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Electron Blue Corvette Coupe</a><br /><i>13.083@108.23</i><br /><br /><a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/redfire.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Red Grandprix GTP</a> <b>SOLD</b><br /><i>14.49@94.42 (Bone stock)</i><br /><br />2002 Black Convertible Camaro Z28<br /><i>times comming real soon!</i>

Comment

You know, you could just use a stock cat off of an SS or TransAm. They outflow a lot of the aftermarket cats. (There was a comparison done in HOT ROD Magazine several months back.)
                  -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

I've been running catco 2.5 in and out from summit racing for $60?
                    Flows pretty good for me :D
                    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      2 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X