Can a Muffler go bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a Muffler go bad?

i have had a dynomanx Super Turbo muffler for about a year or so..anyways when i get the rpms above like 4000 i can hear a rattling noise inside the muffler.. it sounds like the air is rushing through the muffler so fast it is rattling something inside..

at first i had the muffler only and then i got 3 inch I pipe and then got the S pipe and cat and it got worse when i got the I pipe and now its bad with the cat and S pipe..

hmm i dont know what it is but ive been told you could hear it outside the car ..

so can a cat go bad or get damaged?

does dynomax offer a warranty on there porducts..anyone else have this trouble

get a hooker :D

The muffler man dont get to excited :D
    <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

Are you 100 % positive that it is your exhaust rattling? From the sounds of it...and it has happened twice to me...it sounds like it's your cat...the honeycomb inside broke off and is rattling....have you checked this?
      1994 Pontiac Firebird Formula All Black,red 30th anniversary T/A style racing stripes tinted windows, tailight blackouts, Firehawk-style foglamps Flowmaster exhaust, Moroso Cold Air, leather interior, and my favorite, Ttops<p>1994 3.4 cutom red/black painted firebird,<br />k&n filtercharger, dual outlet exhaust, firehawk-style<br />foglamps, 2000 T/A take off wheels<br />(Finally sold the girl)

Comment

the cat is brand new..it did the sound before the new cat went on..although i couldnt hear it as much..

Jeff W

Comment

Its possible that broken pieces from your cat made the trip down your exhaust to your muffler.
          1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

Comment

It's cuz you got a Dynomax :D :D

j/k... but hell, ANYTHING can break... especially in a car... so who knows. go make an exhaust shop figure it out
            Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

I don't know what your muffler is packed with but can't fiberglass packed ones rattle when they get old???
              1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
              1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X