S-Pipe I-Pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S-Pipe I-Pipe

I was wondering if it is neccessary for the S-Pipe to be welded to the I-Pipe. I recently had my Cat replaced and the two became seperated the next day. I was wondering if I could just push them back into one another, or I if I had to have them welded.

Thanks in advance.
    2000 Camaro w/T-Tops<br />Mods: Magnaflow Muffler&lt;-Crap,Whisper Lid, Whisper CAI, MacEwen White Gauge Faces, White HVAC<br />Coming Soon: Cutout?

The S pipe and the I pipe are clamped on to each other. It sounded like you said the S separated from the cat.....
    1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Perhaps they just forgot to put the clamp back on then, I checked the S-Pipe to Cat and it's welded firmly, but I can actually see where the S and I Pipe have seperated and moved horizontally apart from one another.
      2000 Camaro w/T-Tops<br />Mods: Magnaflow Muffler&lt;-Crap,Whisper Lid, Whisper CAI, MacEwen White Gauge Faces, White HVAC<br />Coming Soon: Cutout?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kraut187:
        Perhaps they just forgot to put the clamp back on then, I checked the S-Pipe to Cat and it's welded firmly, but I can actually see where the S and I Pipe have seperated and moved horizontally apart from one another.<hr></blockquote>

Just go under and tighten it back up. Ur exhaust note should be noticebly louder if that is the case.....and they don't need to unclamp that to put a cat on.....I should know, I installed my own cat back and this is my 2nd aftermarket cat on my maro right now.

[ September 12, 2003: Message edited by: F1GT ]</p>
        1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Just got back fromthe dealership, they said It was "because I have an aftermarket Muffler" Which is total bull****. I told them that it was fine before they screwed with my cat, but they said they still couldn't fix it. I think the guy welded the S-Pipe on to the Cat crooked, I'll have to go and get under it. Now, to try and rig something....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X