Throttle body coolant plug???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle body coolant plug???

Has anyone ever used on I saw it at zzperformance.com. will this fit our car? they said that in testing it gave like 2 horsepower or some thing. it is 25 dollars so I think I am gonna order it just wondering if anyone know anything about it. thanks
    white 1996 camaro 3800: flowmaster American thunder cat back. hypertech 160* stat, and manual fan switch

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by white96six:
    Has anyone ever used on I saw it at zzperformance.com. will this fit our car? they said that in testing it gave like 2 horsepower or some thing. it is 25 dollars so I think I am gonna order it just wondering if anyone know anything about it. thanks<hr></blockquote>

It will do basically the same thing as a TB spacer. Coolant passes through the intake plenum and flows to the TB, supposedly keeping it cool. The spacer blocks the coolant so it doesn't heat up your TB. A coolant plug may be worth a few HP's, but I doubt you'd notice.

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah except the spacer is built to insulate the TB from the engine, not just keep the coolant out of it.
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

We did a coolant bypass on my friends 95' vette... basically routed the coolant line around the TB instead of through it. He can drive across country and you can still put your hand on his TB. However I couldn't find the line on my car.
        00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ReodDai:
          We did a coolant bypass on my friends 95' vette... basically routed the coolant line around the TB instead of through it. He can drive across country and you can still put your hand on his TB. However I couldn't find the line on my car.<hr></blockquote>

You don't have one, the "line" is actually a cavity in the TB.

The tb plug is effective for the FWD l36 because of their composite intake, which does not conduct heat as well.

Since you guys have an aluminum intake, your TB, will be very close to the same temp as the heads/intake with or without the plug.

DEE
          1997 GTP(13.3@104)-Sold<br />1999 Trans Am M6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X