Air Silencer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Silencer???

I was wonderin where exactly the air silencer is? Is it in the factory intake box or is it in the 90 degree tubing that comes off the TB? The reason I was wondering was I installed a K&N CAI a while back and I just figured that got rid of the air silencer as well. But then recently I was on another web page and I heard the silencer was actually located in the black 90 degree bent tubing which would mean that I still have it installed on my vehicle. So is it the tubing or not? If I installed the K&N CAI does that mean that I have removed it or is it still on my car? If it is still on my car how do I go about removing it? Thanks.
    1995 Camaro<br />3.4 Engine<br />5 Speed<p>PERFORMANCE: 3 Inch Cat, 3 inch Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back, 3.42 Gears, Jet Stage 2, Low Temp T-Stat, K&N CAI, ASP Pullies, TPS Enhancer, MSD Wires, Free Mods.<br />APPEARANCE: Z-Roc Hood, Chrome 5 spokes, Custom Emblems, LGMotorsports Wing.<br />BEST TIME: 15.7 @ 92.1<p>GO ARMY!

What site is that? Do you have a link?

The air silencer from what I know is just a piece of plastic in your driver's side fender. You just take it out... it's a black piece of plastic going FROM the fender touching the stock airbox.
    <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

Actually I saw it on some web page that was selling new rubber elbows that "didnt have the air silencers in them"....I believe they were for LT-1 but I thought it would be the same for the 6ers as well. Dont remember the page.

Does anybody else know anything about this?
      1995 Camaro<br />3.4 Engine<br />5 Speed<p>PERFORMANCE: 3 Inch Cat, 3 inch Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back, 3.42 Gears, Jet Stage 2, Low Temp T-Stat, K&N CAI, ASP Pullies, TPS Enhancer, MSD Wires, Free Mods.<br />APPEARANCE: Z-Roc Hood, Chrome 5 spokes, Custom Emblems, LGMotorsports Wing.<br />BEST TIME: 15.7 @ 92.1<p>GO ARMY!

Comment

I believe your 95 f-body has the air silencer in the fender, not on the elbow. Mine is a 94, and it was in the fender, and behind the headlight. It is the piece of plastic that slides into the hole on the airbox, it is on the driver's side, in the fender. That piece just slips out(two clips I think). Good luck on the other piece. It is behind the headlight on the driver side, at a 90 degree angle from the other side. Without taking the nose completely off the car, you have to bend the hell out of it to get it out. Mine folded up like a cardboard box, and I didn't break it. I shoved a breaker bar down inside of it, folded up the edges poking through the sheet metal, and twisted it through. I could still put it back in, it bent back into shape. I don't think it's worth ripping off the front of the car to get it out, but it's up to you. Also, expect to cut the $hit out of yourself getting it out. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] Good luck!!
        Teal 94 Camaro 3.4 Liter<br />Transgo stage 3 shiftkit, Shift module, corvette servo, SLP cold air induction,3.42 ring and pinion, Heavy Duty Posi LSD, Flowmaster exhaust, NX, blackouts

Comment

Also;
          Email me if you want pics, I can take some "after removed" pics for you. And pics of the actual parts that need to come out.
          [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          Teal 94 Camaro 3.4 Liter<br />Transgo stage 3 shiftkit, Shift module, corvette servo, SLP cold air induction,3.42 ring and pinion, Heavy Duty Posi LSD, Flowmaster exhaust, NX, blackouts

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X