Will a 3" I pipe fit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a 3" I pipe fit??

I can't make up my dayum mind! I keep blowing my money! I have a dynomax 2.5" in and out. I am considering upgrading to a 3" Cat, S pipe and I pipe, but will the 3" I pipe fit on 2.5" muffler??? The pipe I have on their now is 2.5" but it's non-mandrel. Summit has dynomax 3" I pipes for $100 total(it's 2 seperate pipes), and 3" cat for like $50. I need some opinions and advice.
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

I got a 3" I-pipe from a local muffler shop and they only charged me $90 installed. The cat would have added an extra $90 installed as well.

Any good muffler shop can make 3" fit into a 2.5" inlet, they just use an adapter.
    <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

I have to make my mind up by tonight, so If I ordered the 3", it will be here on Wed. or Thurs.

Comment

Go for it. I have a 3.4 with a complete redune exhaust system except fot maifolds.
        1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by zlightning:
          Go for it. I have a 3.4 with a complete redune exhaust system except fot maifolds.<hr></blockquote>

Does a 3" setup make your exhaust deeper, and/or louder?? I like the deep rumble.

Comment

ya, 3" is supposed to be about the best for sound

as for fitting, you should be able to fit up to 4", maybe more, I know some v8's run that.
            2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

um no 4" would be completely stupid, and 3" is pushing it on a 3.4 your putting your power in the mid to high rpm band that you dont even stay in for very long.

Your sound is a combination of things but mostly your muffler choice and if it is made to kill resonation like a spintech muffler that has resonators in it. Other highflow mufflers designed for v8's do not have them and do not have the rice sound do to the velocity of exhaust with the extra 2 cylinders.

3" pipe will make it louder but if you have a fart can at the end of it then it of course will just be a louder fart :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X