SLP Loudmouth Catback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP Loudmouth Catback

Does anyone have problems with excessive popping from their SLP Loudmouth exhaust? I'm thinking about getting either the SLP Loudmouth or the Flowmaster American Thunder catback for my car. My husband has the Loudmouth installed on his LT1 and it sounds like a shoot out in the morning. I don't want to get this exhaust if it's going to pop all the time from lack of back pressure.
    2002 Camaro RS, SLP CAI, 80 Series Flowmaster, Whisper Lid, K & N Air Filter, Hotchkis STB, Hurst Competition Plus Shifter, Lou\'s Short Stick, Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X569, Viper Alarm System. 35% Tint all around

It will pop. But I like the way it sounds over any other V6 exhaust system I've heard.
    AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

get borla,you will like it.
      2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

A friend of mine had the Loudmouth on his LS1, then he installed the American Thunder, which he likes a whole lot more.
        Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

ok i know i just had a post on it, but ive gotta recommend american thunder. its better than anything else ive heard. it is a little droning but i dont mind it at all.
          2001 Arctic White V6 Camaro w/ T-tops <br />3\" Flowmaster American Thunder Catback system<br />Whisper Lid and Whisper Ram Air<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/jcs006\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/jcs006</a>

Comment

borla. i only have the back section which is about $500, but it sounds great, and it doesnt pop.

ive heard several 6's with flowmaster and they all sound great from idle to about 3000rpm. after that they sound like a honda with no exhaust.

borla is the way to go.

Comment

This thread isn't about which exhaust you prefer and recommend..she asked if there was excessive popping from the SLP loudmouth..

I was wondering the same thing,,that's why I chimed in here. I was getting tired of seeing all these "go with american thunder" or "borla" posts...
              I've heard a few LT1's with the SLP Loudmouth and they sound amazing..I really want to hear one in person on a V6.

Let me know how it sounds if you decide to buy one.

[ September 12, 2003: Message edited by: Camaro_SLP ]</p>
              94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

Well, Borla is basically out due to the cost. I just bought coated headers and a hurst shifter, so I don't have another 7 or 800 dollars to spend on a cat back in addition to any labor I'm going to have to pay for to have this stuff installed. Right now I'm considering the Loudmouth and the American Thunder systems.
                2002 Camaro RS, SLP CAI, 80 Series Flowmaster, Whisper Lid, K & N Air Filter, Hotchkis STB, Hurst Competition Plus Shifter, Lou\'s Short Stick, Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X569, Viper Alarm System. 35% Tint all around

Comment

I have Loudmouth on my car. It's loud...it drones, do I mind it? no. I love it...all the looks I get, the agressive tips, the rattling inside of the car ;) . It seems to quiet down when going on highway speeds though cause the wind seems to be louder than the exhaust. Have any other questions just ask.

Clips:
                  http://24.93.251.47/Hosted/blitzpuppet/

[ September 13, 2003: Message edited by: BlitzPuppet ]</p>
                  <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/512325\" target=\"_blank\">2004 Silver Impala</a> Faster than my Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=282862\" target=\"_blank\">3.4L Red 1995 Pontiac Firebird</a><b> For Sale</b>

Comment

blitzpuppet, where did you get your loud mouth from and did u you buy a kit that made it fit on our cars?

[ September 13, 2003: Message edited by: kidkash8009 ]</p>
                    1997 Black 3.8L Camaro RS {SOLD}<br />Mods:<br />Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back<br />Slp Cold Air Intake<br /><br /><br />2001 Dodge Durango R/T

Comment

From what I understand, you have to buy an installation kit for the Loudmouth to fit the v6. It's part #30045 on www.slponline.com.

Comment

i found this : http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/v6catalog.html it says its for the v6 and it has an installation kit you can buy too, is this the right one?
                        1997 Black 3.8L Camaro RS {SOLD}<br />Mods:<br />Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back<br />Slp Cold Air Intake<br /><br /><br />2001 Dodge Durango R/T

Comment

all you need is the s-pipe and the hangars
                          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/512325\" target=\"_blank\">2004 Silver Impala</a> Faster than my Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=282862\" target=\"_blank\">3.4L Red 1995 Pontiac Firebird</a><b> For Sale</b>

Comment

My loudmouth doesn't pop at all but it does sound different through the rpms. At idle its very deep and almost sounds like a V8 if you didn't know any better that is. Its VERY loud and resonates up until about 3200 rpms and after that the drone sound goes away and it sounds more raspy but thats cool because it sounds really mean. I have no idea why anyone compares the sound to a ricer fart pipe, they sound absolutely nothing alike. The loudmouth is very distinct and very very loud. It draws everyone's attention, even the guys in the jacked up trucks with super loud exhaust notice when you drive by. The only sound I don't really like is when you rev really high it gets a completely different sort of sound, its kinda higher pitched and almost like a backfire sorta sound with a very fast interval like a machine gun.

But yeah to answer your question, no my loudmouth doesn't pop unless you consider that high rpm noise I just talked about popping, but even so you'll never hear that unless your drag racing anyways [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for the fit, no it doesn't just bolt on, no exhaust does, thats marketing BS! You have to have a piece custom made or buy the kit somebody mentioned earlier for it to fit right. The shop took 2 1/2 hours to hook my mine up and weld it on, a very good job I might add.

As for American Thunder, everyone and their cousin has a muscle car with that tin can sounding system on it, ya it's deep but on the V6 it just doesn't have any balls, its like your car has asthma and is weezing all the time. Both systems are similarly priced but SLP's is stainless steel and has the quad tips while flows are just normal pipe and those ugly long straight pipes, which do look ok on camaros but not on firebirds.
                            2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

Im in the market for an exhaust for my 97 firebird. I was thinking about getting the loudmouth but i really want to go performance too. How much HP do u think i will gain with the loudmouth compared to the Magnaflow catback?
                              1997 Firebird M5<br />Bright Red<br />Mods: SLP Intake, Autometer A/F Gauge, Magnaflow CatBack Exhaust, BMR STB, Cragar SS rims W/ Nittos on front and BFG drags on back <br /><br />Stock Dyno Numbers: 170hp and 210lbs TQ

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X