Mandrel bent S-pipe is the Shiz-nit son! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mandrel bent S-pipe is the Shiz-nit son!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandrel bent S-pipe is the Shiz-nit son!

Damn! I just got a custom mandrel bent s-pipe installed, and night rider sounds soo much better! Deeper exhaust note, & i feel a power difference up top. She excellerates so much smoother now.

Basically all i did was order 2 90 degree stainles steel pipes from jcwhitney & had my muffler shop weld em together. I wanted to go 45 degree like short-dog, but was gona have to do alot cutting on the i-pipe to make em fit, so i just went ahead w/ the 90 deg. And just as i suspected pinche 02 sensor was fried, so replaced it as well & no more ses light. [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

O.k. now i'm ready for my axle swap, & then some headers :D C'mon pacesetter where them 3.8 headers at
    <a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/bluethunder.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Electron Blue Corvette Coupe</a><br /><i>13.083@108.23</i><br /><br /><a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/redfire.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Red Grandprix GTP</a> <b>SOLD</b><br /><i>14.49@94.42 (Bone stock)</i><br /><br />2002 Black Convertible Camaro Z28<br /><i>times comming real soon!</i>

I think that will be my next mod. Its so cheap and from what I hear its effective. I could always use some more sound. I too am waiting so very patiently for the pacesetter header's but I dont know if I can wait any longer. I might just go get some RK Sports. Does anyone know when these are supposed to be coming out? I would love to get a pair ASAP.

I bet if pacesetter knew how much interest there were in 3.8 headers they would have been out much sooner than this.

Comment

2.5 inch is for wuss's..get 3 inch S pipe and 3 inch cat..

its sweet cause i can hear the gurgling the exhaust makes when i slow down now that i have the Catco and 3 inch S pipe

Jeff W

Comment

Talked to Pacesetter this am ... they said 4 to 6 more weeks before available .... :rolleyes:
        associate of <b><i>VENOM VI</i></b><br /><br />2000 WS6 Pewter TransAm M6<br /><b>NOT</b> stock<br /><b>330/346 rwhp/rwtq </b><br />(pre-headers)<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 Camaro M5 (the Silver Bullet) w/lot\'s of bolt-on\'s<br />-Ryan\'s car now-<br />60\': <b><i>2.165</i></b><br />1/8 run: <b><i>9.494 @ 72.57 mph<br />209rwhp/253rwtq</i></b>

Comment

I haven't had a chance to really look under there, so it may be easier than I think but --- what do you do with the piece that connects to the stock S-Pipe after the cat--looks like it helps support the exhaust piping - you know what I'm speaking of?

Did they just weld that back on too, or what?
          2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

nmba so i suppose james is a wuss? he is running a 2.5" cat and i think he has a 2.5 s pipe. i think magnus is running a 2.5" cat and s pipe but i may be wrong

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cale:
              Did they just weld that back on too, or what?<hr></blockquote>

Yup, just re-weld that puppy in place.

FYI, i had a 3" cat before, but it was too loud & noisy on the inside of the car. It seems like converts offer less insulation. I'm happy w/the set-up right now, i'll change it if goto a poweradder.

Oh this is night-rider, i'm just posting from a different computer & i forgot my other password.
              2002 Electron Blue Corvette<br />1999 Black Mazda Truck<p>AKA: Night Rider

Comment

I'm gonna go all out and get the GMMG exhaust, and eventually pacesetter headers, and then a 3" catco cat.
                2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by NBMA4V6:
                  2.5 inch is for wuss's..get 3 inch S pipe and 3 inch cat..

its sweet cause i can hear the gurgling the exhaust makes when i slow down now that i have the Catco and 3 inch S pipe
                  <hr></blockquote>

Quiet you fool. ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I can hear that too, and I still have the stock piping between the cat and muffler, a 2.5" cat, and 2.5" muffler.

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot: Up next is a 2.5" I-pipe to replace what's left of the stock piping, and a new 2.5" muffler. :D

[ May 14, 2002: Message edited by: RacerJ ]</p>
                  -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

We sure get defensive around here..ang keith takes his exhaust off to go to the track..

anyways isnt it logical that 3 inch is better than the 2.5 i know my car got a bit louder and flows much better with the new s pipe and cat

Comment

hey nightrider... do you remember the part number for the 2 90 degree pipes from jc? im gettin' gmmg (should be here next week) and need a 3" pipe to connect to it. not sure what size you have, can help me out with what pipes i need... i think im gonna run 3" pipes from the cat back, might as well be ready for the pacesetters,(c'mon) :D

thanks to everyone
                      - \"So you have something to look at when you\'re talking to \'em\" - <br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=296916\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=296916</a>

Comment

So...

Is there a general opinion on whether one should go with 90 degree or 45 degree piping?

Would the exhaust support/mount thing still work with 45 degree pipes?
                        2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cale:
                          So...

Is there a general opinion on whether one should go with 90 degree or 45 degree piping?

Would the exhaust support/mount thing still work with 45 degree pipes?
                          <hr></blockquote>

The 90 degree piping is cool, but the 45 degree piping is alot less restrictive since that area is the bottleneck of our exhaust. Are you talking about the mount that crosses over the S pipe?? If so, that'll still fit, but you might have to bend it downward so the pipe won't rub against it. Mine was rattling against the pipe, so I used a cresent wrench and bent it so it wouldn't rub anymore.
                          <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Night Rider:

I wanted to go 45 degree like short-dog, but was gona have to do alot cutting on the i-pipe to make em fit, so i just went ahead w/ the 90 deg.
                            <hr></blockquote>

Didn't they still have to cut your I pipe down for the 90 degree pipes to work?? You should've went with the 45 degree pipe. Cutting the I pipe down isn't a big deal at all. At least in your case you got rid of that small S pipe though, so it's cool you gotta better flow than before.

[ May 15, 2002: Message edited by: shortdog273 ]</p>
                            <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Short Dog -

Is there anyway you could get a picture of your S-Pipe?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X