3inch dynomax cat back installed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inch dynomax cat back installed!!!

holly h*** did the 3" i pip and 3" catco make this muffler sound bad arse. man it deepend the sound so much. not loud at all on the inside. barely and resonance. but i love that you can barely hear this low rumble going down the highway. you have to listen for it, but its there. i would highly recomend this exhaust set up.

for some reason i didn't have to use the 2 45 degree pipes from jcwhitley. but oh well i'll send those back.

i also didn't notice any drop in the lowend power range. it almost felt like it had more. and on the top end oh yeah you can feel it pull a lot harder.

over all love the sound. very very deep. gets purdy loud at wot, but not ricey at all, sounds good throughout the entire rpm range.
    1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

How about a sound clip???? :D
    Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

Hey one more thing, can you use a 3" pipe over the axle part if not what size pipe did you use. As you can tell im almost ready to do this, except with a flowmaster 80
      Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

If I decide to spray, I might go ahead and make the switch to 3". Until then, I'll keep the 2.75". Wolfy, I knew you would like it. Sounds like the flows at idle especially when its cold.
        <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

oh heck yeah man i love it, does sounds so deep at idle wow.

one thing though just got home from the ladies houes ;) and my ses light came on. now i have driven almost 900 or so miles on the exhaust and no light, but now it came on, looks like im going to have to get some o2 sims.

oh well sounds sweet [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img]
          1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

Yep. You take a 50/50 chance in getting the SES light after the highflow cat install. It's been around 1/2 year and no SES light...yet.

Comment

Wolfy, I noticed you said you didn't need the S pipe. Is your 3" I pipe connected directly to your highflow cat? If so, I wonder how the muffler shop rigged it up.

Comment

yeah shortdog, he asked me why i have these two pipes, i said to go after the catco. and me and him and this other guy held up the pipes and the two dynomax i pipes fit right up to the where the highflow cat would go, cuz they were almost a direct fit where my old cat was, so heck i am just gonna send em back. it hocked right up. there must be some small diff between our cars with the years or something, but i thought they would be the same

oh well man it sounds sweet thanks a lot for all your advice. i was suprised bout the ses light. cuz i took about at 1000 mile trip in two days and the light didn't come on, but now it is oh well i figured it would.

where is the best place to order some o2 sims?

Comment

what are the part #'s on those pipes and where did you get them?

all the dynomax pipes I have seen wouldn't mate up to the cat like that, would be nice to have something that will
                  2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

im i can't remember the part numbers. do a search and look for some, i asked shortdog recently what they where, i just used the ones that he gave me. i was suprised also, but hey it works.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      2 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X