CFM Flow of 99-02 3.8 TB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFM Flow of 99-02 3.8 TB

What is the stock CFM Flow of our 99-02 3.8 TB?

Eric
    Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
    1996 Camaro Conv
    2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

I don't know how accurate this is, but I think it is 750cfm.

DOminic sent me a desktop dyno profile of our engine and the intake window said 750 cfm. Since that is a value of the most restrictive part of the intake system, then our TB must flow at least 750 cfm.
    1999 red camaro v6 M5: with a turbo<br />13.52@107.99<br />No, seriously: Who Farted? <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/600086\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/600086</a>

Comment

To assume its 750cfm is about right. I have a table showing mm size of the TB vs CFM of flow, and I went by that. It seems to be about right too.
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dominic:
        To assume its 750cfm is about right. I have a table showing mm size of the TB vs CFM of flow, and I went by that. It seems to be about right too.<hr></blockquote>

You have got all the little knowledge goodies I want. Charts....files....

you ought to publish an L36 book and send it to me. I will compensate you well.
        1999 red camaro v6 M5: with a turbo<br />13.52@107.99<br />No, seriously: Who Farted? <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/600086\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/600086</a>

Comment

hummm....... There is no way off the top of my head to flowbench these TB's being that they are electric....Be interesting to see what my TB flows at now since I ported it

Eric

[ September 04, 2003: Message edited by: merlinsrealm ]</p>
          Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
          1996 Camaro Conv
          2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

L36 (3.8 liter)

Stock 65mm = 3318mm2 / 3.8 = 873mm2 per liter

got that from the tech database, how to use that to figure out cfm, beats the hell outta me...

merlin
            2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dominic:
              To assume its 750cfm is about right. I have a table showing mm size of the TB vs CFM of flow, and I went by that. It seems to be about right too.<hr></blockquote>

I have a hard time believing that our TB's are flowing 750 CFM.....Stock LS1 3.5 TB's are flowing 750......There is no way that the inside diameter is the same....not to mention that big piece of block that the MAF sits in plus the MAF itself......all that dictates CFM Flow.......

Can this be confirmed? You cant really bench flow an electric Tb because there isnt a real easy way to keep the butterfly open.....I plan on trying it. I have already benched an LS1 TB.

The one problem that I did was ported my TB already so even if I could bench it accurately I would only know how mine flows now........

Eric
              Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
              1996 Camaro Conv
              2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

well...I had both a stock Electronic TB and My Ported one flowbenched today. Both are 99 TB's. The stock TB onlt flows at 490CFM.....My Ported TB now flows at 730CFM.....I am not sure where the numbers are coming from that say that our stock TB's flow at 750 but they dont.....

The cool thing to all this is the fact that there are some that say you can not port our TB's but as you can tell from the flow numbers I was able to Port mine out 240 more CFM's.....

Eric

[ September 05, 2003: Message edited by: merlinsrealm ]</p>
                Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
                1996 Camaro Conv
                2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

How'd you port it? Good ol' dremel and instructions similar to Jonny985? (remove material, open maf area, remove post, new sensor, etc.??)
                  Which MAF sensor do you run?
                  -Rob
                  <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

I dont have anyone's directions....I just went ahead and ported the TB Myself. I have a history of porting the old style heads and intake manifolds when I raced my older cars so I had no problems with porting my TB......

I am curently working on a combo that will include the ported TB & a MAF conversion....I am still tweaking things out...when all is said and done I think the new setup along with RWHP gains will pick up moral on the V6 front......
                    Eric

[ September 05, 2003: Message edited by: merlinsrealm ]</p>
                    Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
                    1996 Camaro Conv
                    2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X