Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey Scott Black, question.......

Hey I've decided to ditch the borla and get a spintech

What kind of system was your spintech? What was the name of it, and part # (if possible)

Also, I have some quick questions:

Was it ricey at high RPMS?

Does it POP/Fart a lot when letting off gas or between shifts??

Also, did you run 2.5, 2.75 or 3" piping? I want to go with the BEST and deepest rumble with no rice OR popping noise, which size pipe do you reccomend? Also, my borla rattles b/c it doesnt fit, does the spintech rattle with the 3" I-pipe?

I have a whisper lid, and 3" high flow cat on right now. Thanks! Hopefully I can order it tomorrow
    \'02 firebird 5spd manual (pewter)<br />mods: whisper lid, spintech muffer with 3\" piping, strut tower brace, \"free ram air\", k&n filter, SLP CAI - next mods: jetchip stage II, lowering springs

ttt
    \'02 firebird 5spd manual (pewter)<br />mods: whisper lid, spintech muffer with 3\" piping, strut tower brace, \"free ram air\", k&n filter, SLP CAI - next mods: jetchip stage II, lowering springs

Comment

I have been out of town. Sorry for the late reply.

My Spintech was part # SC333 i think, i know for sure it was called the Sportsman Split Case. 2.5" in dual out on a non mandrel bent 2.5" I pipe, stock cat/S pipe.

It never farted, popped or anything like that. Never riced out as long as you were under load, ever. If you wanted it louder go with the 3 inch I pipe and throw a resonator on it as well that would really smoothen out the sound. Let me know if you need anything else!

Scott

Comment

I just ordered my spintech... I got 3"in and 2.5 dual outlets. I'm planning on running 3" piping to the cat. With the 3" pipe do you think it will pop?

I have a hiflow cat as well (3"). Do you think with 3" piping it will sound deeper than 2.5?

Also, did you see any performance gain? Thanks.

Comment

Performance gains are usually the same with any muffler you get. Except with Triflow, they have the biggest gain.

It should not pop at all with the way they design their mufflers. With the 3" piping it will be deeper, and to smoothen it out even more, get a bullet style muffler to make it sound killer. It will really define the tone.

Scott

Comment

put a bullet muffler in front of the spintech muffler?

Comment

correct! [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS- my converter is in, woooooooohoooooooooo!!!

scott

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X