Custom Ram Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Ram Air

I have the free ram air setup on my car, you know the one where you cut out the bottom of your air box...? well i also got a piece of sheet metal about a foot wide and slid it in there just on top of the a/c condenser, didn't attach it or anything just kinda wedged it in below the condenser at that little Y-looking support... forces air directly into my air box like nothing else! i like my design better than SLP's or that SSRA super sucker because it takes air from the air dam AND anything that happens to follow that curve up, and you can tell a HUGE difference from about 55 mph up, i wanted a blower but this is the best i could do! it doesn't suck up water, and it doesn't make the car run any hotter (i also have a 160` stat but that didn't make too much diff either) so i'd call this the ultimate free ram air setup!

Be very careful just having that wedged up there like that, or you could suddenly find it wedged in your oilpan, or worse, in the front end of a car behind you.
    Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Check out this Post, you might like this Ram air idea too. :D
      http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...&f=25&t=003006
      Cardomain

Comment

remember, you're blocking off radiator air.

Seal up the gaping hole in your airbox, raise it 1/2", and keep your car running cool.
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

i don't know how it could wind up in anyone's oilpan or windshield, it is firmly in place, i forgot to say that i bent the top part of it over the a/c condenser and it gets pinched pretty good by the air box, i don't think it's going anywhere. As for taking the radiator's air, it is only about a 4" strip on either side of the support. i really haven't noticed ANY difference in operating temperature. AT ALL.

Comment

98v6 i'm in lubbock, e-mail me sometime at assassin459@hotmail.com I'll show you my ram air setup we just did tonight =) All I have left is blocking off some holes that were already there to keep the airflow on track.
            00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X