My Baby can Breath now! (easy mod)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Baby can Breath now! (easy mod)

Was up to all? I dont know if you people are like me but, when i get home from work i just stare and wonder what I can do next. I got an RKsport intake that works pretty nice, makes the xuast a little throty. Anyways I was stareing under the hood and noticed all the plastic shroud sh*t holdeing back the air, not allowing my motor to breath. So yep gone with the shrouds everything blocking airflow was removerd, basicly opening the hole compartment up. Then i thought well I dont remember ever filling the windshield washer fluied up, so i took that out also.(I dont drive in rain) Now i noticed how much room we were talking about. Next I removed the foam bumber support behind the two holes where the front lisence plate bracket area is. I got a Billit grill insert From Rksport, looks realy nice and allows air to travel too. After a 20$ trip to Home Depot for some flexable 5 inch duct and some clamps, I was ready to route the pipe, which was fairly easy to do considering the room i had now to my resent shroud removel. Well now that ive rambeld all that i noticed my car is faster, snapier and i think theres a little deeper rumble to the exuast. I noticed it the the most on the highway, I barely had to touch the gas to cruise steadily at 75mph. So overall I would take the 2 hours and perform this surgery to allow your baby to brath better! Please give me some response.

I also want to take my catiletic converter out and if anyone has any knowledgeable information I would love the feedback! Thanks
    Grant
    This baby\'s the envy of F-body owners across(jK), but the Pearly sunset paint with white leather and the 18\" crager rims tell the story. not much for motor mods other than a flowmaster muffler, Ram air intake and hood but im always down to here about super/turbo chargers!

it sounds like you basically did the free ram air mod, but took a few extra steps on top of it. Cool deal, and you can't beat the price!
    AIM: Alientr8tr<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/583450\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Camaro 3.8L</a><br />Flowmaster 80-series, !FRA, Eibach Springs, KYB AGX, SLP sway bars, 3.42/LSD, Wings West kit, Z06 Motorsports, Silverstone Metallic paint<br /><a href=\"http://www.shift5.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Shift 5</a> - My Band

Comment

New mod, so there I was with nothing to do again. So I opened up the hood and inspected
      the intake mod I recently accomplished with great results.
      I noticed the intake box was bellowing rather low not allowing air to travel were it is
      intended to go, the throttle body. Remember I have the RKsport intake system. The
      bracket that holds the radiator in place and the air filter is all mounted by 4 little screws.
      Well to fix the factories negligence by over looking this ubstrosity, I took a 12mm
      1/4inch socket(or anything about an inch tall and hollow) and put it under the radiator
      brace with the screw going through the socket and into the car. Which in turn perched my
      air filter up about 3/4 of an inch, allowing my baby to breath like she should.
      Night fell and I ran to the garage, I already knew where I was going. On top of my mod I
      made yesterday to the shrouds and stuff it was faster again especially at higher Rpm’s. It
      felt like it was getting much needed air that was robbed by the factories negligence. I
      know the factory didn’t mean it but they probably were thinking of the democrats who
      didn’t want fork out the 40$ for a new air filter every 6 months.
      Please respond with your feed back!
      p.’s. still wondering about cutting out the cat. any Info please respond
      Thanks
      grant ;)
      This baby\'s the envy of F-body owners across(jK), but the Pearly sunset paint with white leather and the 18\" crager rims tell the story. not much for motor mods other than a flowmaster muffler, Ram air intake and hood but im always down to here about super/turbo chargers!

Comment

i cut the cat out of my car, it makes a world of diffrence. i had so much more power after cutting the cat out. exhaust isnt all that great sounding as it was but its still alright. id reccomend 02 sims when u cut it out tho. i think im having sensor problems now, after 20,000 miles with no cat.
        99 firebird 3.8 v6 A4 orange with 2 pearl white stripes, throttle body spacer, k&n, 3.23\'s, ram air,airbox mod, flowmaster, no cat, rollin on 245/45/16 kumho ecsta\'s, tinted windows, sony xplod cd player, jensen 800 (old model) and 12\" audiobahn

Comment

Ya I was just thinking of doing that today actually while I had my hood open! I also have a bullit grille. The 2 front holes in the grille, cut them out, add alittle tubing and direct them to my air box.

Not the greatest pics but you can get the general idea of it.

www.mrszees.com/images/greatsave9/images/misc/air.jpg
          www.mrszees.com/images/greatsave9/images/misc/air2.jpg
          www.mrszees.com/images/greatsave9/images/misc/air3.jpg

This last pic is the actual hole u gotta see to add in. Not sure how much air it could add, but seems like an easy mod perhaps.
          \'98 z28<br /> <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a245/GreatSave9/?start=all\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/a245/GreatSave9/?start=all</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X