Question about the Catco 6007 cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the Catco 6007 cat

Ok i have an 2002 camaro and i live in delaware. I want to get a high flow cat to replace my stock one because i am looking for alittle bit deeper sound out of my dynomax and also for it to be aliitle bit louder. My question is will this cat work on my car with the after stream O2 sensor or will it trip the sensor.
    2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

You will have a 50/50 chance getting the SES light. I've had my catco for about 6 months and no SES light..yet

[ August 15, 2002: Message edited by: shortdog273 ]</p>
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Cool shortdog. Give me some info on that. I have a dynomax super turbo on right now and it sound good and all but i want something deeper and louder. Now how does it sound compared to the stock cat, like how much louder is it? How does it sound flowing though the super turbo? Give me the whole scope. :D
      2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

I don't know if you're familiar on how a flowmaster sounds on our V6s, BUT they sound very good and like a V8 AT IDLE AND LOW RPMs. With a highflow cat, it will get deeper and a lil louder at idle like the flows(especially when you start it up in the morning).

Comment

Well how about when you rev it and when you are cruzin? Also what about when it is floored. I don't know if this will affect anything but i think it will not, but i am keeping the 2.25 I-pipe on for right know. I am thinking it will sound the same as if i had the 2.75 I-pipe. I only have enough money for the cat but no the I-pipe. But i would want to see how it sounds before i even spend the money on a bigger I-pipe.

[ August 15, 2002: Message edited by: toast ]</p>

Comment

When you rev it, it gets a little raspy, but not as bad as the flows. Once the muffler gets hotter, most of the raspyness goes away. Do you have your intake(whisper lid, etc)modded? If not the exhaust will sound like crap. If so, it's sounds like a hi-performance 6 at WOT

Comment

I do have intake mods. I also notice with my stock cat that it does get raspy when you rev it unitll the muffler is fully hot. I am just looking for something deeper and a bit louder than mine right now. Also did you feel any performace increase with the new cat? Also when it is raspy is it a deep raspy or a high piched raspy like waaaaaaa. I really don't mind a low wooooo than a high waaaaa that i am getting now.

[ August 16, 2002: Message edited by: toast ]</p>

Comment

A free flowing wishper lid and a good filter make exhaust sound SO SO much better!

Hats off to flowmaster.

Comment

I couldn't tell any performance increases. I never ran my car at the track before the mods except for the whisper CAI(ram air)

Comment

Alright dude well thanks for the info. Iam gonna order the cat and i hope it does not turn out like that guy with the borla. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

heres my experience:

I have a 2002 bird

just installed the cat

my exhaust farts/pops much worse now

the computer is ****ed up, hopefully it will fix it self soon. If i'm going any speed, and put the car in nuetral, the car will start revving itself

the sound at idle is a little deeper, and you can feel it idle, but its much more ricey.
                      \'02 firebird 5spd manual (pewter)<br />mods: whisper lid, spintech muffer with 3\" piping, strut tower brace, \"free ram air\", k&n filter, SLP CAI - next mods: jetchip stage II, lowering springs

Comment

Note that 98+ (I think) fbods have an electronically controlled throttle while pre-98 have a good ol' cable. For what it's worth, I think that makes it harder for this problem to occur:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> If i'm going any speed, and put the car in nuetral, the car will start revving itself
                        <hr></blockquote>
                        www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X