3" S pipe and Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" S pipe and Cat

To make a 3" S pipe, get a 3" mandrel bent "U" pipe, part # 289-42323 from Jeg's. Cut the pipe in half and flip one section and weld together. Now you have your S pipe. This is a perfect fit. If you want a 3" Cat, order the Catco part # 2517. From Summit the part # is CTO-2517, Jeg's does not stock Catco cats. This 3" Cat even has the back O2 sensor fitting for our cars to keep them legal. This even works for convertibles, which have an extra brace covering the S pipe.

[ August 15, 2002: Message edited by: AutoV6 ]</p>
    97 Automatic Firebird Convertible<br />Powerdyne SC, Precision Industries converter, MSD ignition, 3\" Cat, 3\" true cat back exhaust, \"posi\" with 3.42 rear, 14.028, 14.054 and 14.044 1/4 mile times before ignition, cat and exhaust.

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Where was you about 6 months ago.
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

WOW thats cool I was just going to post something about were to get a 3in. s-pipe. and a high flow cat. thanks
      40th Ann GTp 4door

Comment

is the part # of the high flow cat part #2517 from jeg's becuse when I went to seach that part # it came out as a toe strap
        40th Ann GTp 4door

Comment

What's wrong with the Catco #6007 which is 3" in/out? I'm about to order it. Is there something I should know about the sensors with #6007? Also, #6007 is $51 & #2517 is $67 from summit. Someone help we out here which one should I get.

The U Bend pipe is a wicked idea, it's only $19 from summit which is way cheaper than the $40 you pay for the 2 45 degree pipes from JC Whitney. Thanks for the info!

[ August 14, 2002: Message edited by: CanadianCamaro ]</p>
          1998 Camaro M5, Sports Appearance Package, K&N,CAI,Whisper Lid, Dynomax Superturbo exhaust,Carsound Converter.<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/canadiancamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/canadiancamaro</a>

Comment

I was giving him the thumbs up on the S pipe. I have the catco cto6007. I think the one he's referring to is a direct fit cat which is out of order at summit.

[ August 14, 2002: Message edited by: shortdog273 ]</p>

Comment

Will I be OK with the Catco 6007 for emissions?
              1998 Camaro M5, Sports Appearance Package, K&N,CAI,Whisper Lid, Dynomax Superturbo exhaust,Carsound Converter.<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/canadiancamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/canadiancamaro</a>

Comment

CTO-2517??? How is this compared to the CTO-6007??? The 6007 come with a fitting for the o2?? They are both universal, as stated in their site.
                [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

The 6007 doesn't come with the 02 fitting. The muffler shop can make it for you.

Comment

oh, thx,,,,,,
                    Why does everyone get the 6007 when the 2517 comes with the bung?? Cuz it's 15-20 bucks cheaper?
                    [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

[ December 02, 2002: Message edited by: F1GT ]</p>
                    1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

does' anybody know what the stock s pipe size is? cause if its 2.25 i wanna upgrade it to 2.5 to match my converter and catback.

Comment

Stock size is 2.25". You might wanna do a search next time. This thread is pretty old.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X