High Air Temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Air Temperature

My car just threw a high intake temp code. Does anyone know what could have caused this? I have an A/F ratio gauge and had noticed its not going past stoich green even at WOT. It used to go all the way to stoich orange. I did a quick visual check of my MAP sensor and made sure it was connected and not loose. Is that the right sensor I need to check, and do you have any other suggestions on what I should check or what could be causing this?
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

I just realized I put this in the wrong section, Mods, could you move it for me?
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

DTC P0112 Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
      Refer to A/C Pressure, TP, MAP, ECT, IAT Sensors .

Circuit Description
      The intake air temperature (IAT) sensor is a thermistor which measures the temperature of the air entering the engine. The PCM applies 5 volts through a pull-up resistor to the IAT sensor. When the intake air is cold, the sensor resistance is high and the PCM will monitor a high signal voltage on the IAT signal circuit. If the intake air is warm, the sensor resistance is lower causing the PCM to monitor a lower voltage. DTC P0112 will set when the PCM detects an excessively low signal voltage on the intake air temperature sensor signal circuit.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
      No ECT sensor or VSS DTCs present
      The engine has been running for over 10 seconds.
      Vehicle speed is greater than or equal to 25 mph.
      IAT signal voltage indicates an intake air temperature greater than 130°C (266°F).
      The above conditions are present for at least 20 seconds.
      Action Taken When the DTC Sets
      The PCM will illuminate the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) during the second consecutive trip in which the diagnostic test has been run and failed.
      The PCM will store conditions which were present when the DTC set as Freeze Frame and Failure Records data.
      Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC
      The PCM will turn OFF the MIL during the third consecutive trip in which the diagnostic has been run and passed.
      The History DTC will clear after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles have occurred without a malfunction.
      The DTC can be cleared by using the scan tool.
      Diagnostic Aids
      Check for the following conditions:

Poor connection at the PCM. Inspect harness connectors for backed out terminals, improper mating, broken locks, improperly formed or damaged terminals, and poor terminal to wire connection.
      Damaged harness. Inspect the wiring harness for damage. If the harness appears to be OK, observe the IAT display on the scan tool while moving connectors and wiring harnesses related to the IAT sensor. A change in the IAT display will indicate the location of the malfunction.
      Skewed or mis-scaled IAT Sensor. Refer to Temperature vs Resistance table.
      If DTC P0112 cannot be duplicated, the information included in the Fail Records data can be useful in determining vehicle mileage since the DTC was last set.

Comment

Intake high temperature codes are caused by low resistance, intake low temp codes are caused by high resistance. Now, did you mean you threw a high temperature code, or a high resistance code? because they are different diagnostic charts.

Comment

If its low resistance, high temp, you might just have a short going across the terminals bypassing the actual sensor.

Try cleaning it?
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X