pipe size and mandrel bent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipe size and mandrel bent?

im gunna be replacing my pipes from the cat to the muffler (the s-shaped pipe out of the back of the cat... the I-pipe long section and the pipe that goes over the rear axle into the muffler) I allready have a flowmaster and 2.5 tailpipes. im concerned about what size pipes to get though. I have heard some horror stories about people going to 3" pipes and their quater mile times go from 15's to 17's. im worried about loosing too much low end power. should i go to 2.75 or 2.5? and if i get the pipe bent at the shop i guess it wouldnt be mandrel bent? shoult i go to 2.75 non-mandrel bend or just go to the 2.5 non-mandrel bent so i dont loose too much torque. would that even be much better that the 2.25 i have now or would i just be wasting my money? somebody help please, im pretty confused

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Go with the 2.75" pipe off a stock V8 fbody. Loochy, a got mine off a guy I met through MOFBA at no charge. Go to one of the three sites(u should know em) and post that you're looking for the stock exhaust pipe off a 93+ V8. If you decide to spray in the future, go with the 3 inch.
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

hey shortdog, i think i saw your car at harrahs. Were you at that show a while ago parked right across the street in guest parking. I think it was yours... looked bad a**. Anyways, i went to car-X the other day... they offered me $150 for a stock z-28 pipe... parts and labor. Does that sound like a good deal to anyone or should i keep shopping around?

[ August 16, 2002: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]</p>

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Yep. That was my car. $150 is pretty steep. Post on mofba.net, .com and fast to see if anybody can hook you up with a 2.75" V8 pipe.

[ August 16, 2002: Message edited by: shortdog273 ]</p>
        <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
          Low Voltage
          by Vladimir Gecko
          I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
          3 hours ago
        • LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          6 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          3 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X