Here's what my exhuast sounds like before the new cam - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's what my exhuast sounds like before the new cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's what my exhuast sounds like before the new cam

I used my roommate's Sony digital camera which records video also. I compressed and edited them untill they were small files but the video is pretty poor quality now. It's on a geocities page so you have to do the usual put a space after the address and hit enter, or just link to it from my modifications page on my site. Actually just tested it and just clicking on the link worked for me.

http://www.geocities.com/ttop34/Exhaust.html

You can see what my exhaust consists of as well as intake mods. I like it except for the buz that I get at higher rpm's since I took the cat off. Let me know what you think.

I'll make anouther page after the cam goes in, hopefully Wednesday.

[ December 02, 2002: Message edited by: Ttop34 ]</p>
    1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Huh, 20 people have viewed that site in the past 4 hours but nobody has commented, is that a good or bad thing? Do the videos load with decent speed? I made the files pretty small. The first 4 are 150K or smaller, three are under 200K and the last one is only 417K for 33 seconds. The picture quality is pretty crappy but decent for that small of a file I thought.
    1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

sounds real good. I like my 80 series's mid/upper range a bit better...but WOW your idle! :D I like mine but yours is definately real fuggin loud and nice sounding! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

My muffler is a 80 series, 3" in and dual 2 1/2" out, probably the same as you have. The differences are the 3" I pipe, different tips, lack of a cat and I have a upgraded intake. I liked my mid/upper range better before I took off the cat, sounded a lot like yours, but the power increase in those areas was worth it.

Some say it sounds like a V8 at idle. I wouldn't go that far, but it sure doesn't sound like most V6's. Just wait till after the cam goes in, oh yeah.

[ December 03, 2002: Message edited by: Ttop34 ]</p>

Comment

Sounds good. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
          <b>Black 1996 3.8L Firebird A4</b><br />--------------------------<br />Custom CAI, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 160 Deg Thermo, BMR ShockTower Brace<br />JVC mp3 HU, two 12\" Infinity Kappa Perfects, Infinity 6.5\" components, JBL 600.1 & 80.4 amps <br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/479229363CPbPiz\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ttop34:
            My muffler is a 80 series, 3" in and dual 2 1/2" out, probably the same as you have. The differences are the 3" I pipe, different tips, lack of a cat and I have a upgraded intake. I liked my mid/upper range better before I took off the cat, sounded a lot like yours, but the power increase in those areas was worth it.
            [ December 03, 2002: Message edited by: Ttop34 ]
            <hr></blockquote>

we differ in a few areas.
            Mine is a 2.5" inlet with dual 2.5" outlet
            I have a take off 2.75" I-pipe.
            Stock cat has outlet opened to 3" to accomodate I-pipe. Bung installed.

Also I have full intake...check the sig. We're almost identical...yet so different in sound. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry, I missed the Intake stuff. I guess the only big difference is the cat then. We're a pretty good example for those who are thinking about gutting or taking off their cat then.

Comment

Hey, man, the links arent working. Just thought I'd let you know.
                97\' Black Firebird W68<br />mods as of yet- home depot CAI, Dynomax exhaust, 255 Yokohama tires

Comment

Huh, weird. I put alternate links, hopefully atleast one will work. Maybe the original will work again after some time. Does anybody know what I did wrong?

Comment

they worked for me, actually, i think i tried the alternates first and they all worked. sounds nice.
                    i really think the diff between you and 99c99 is the i pipe. gutted cat on a catback sysetem i dont think would do that much. i think its the i pipe.
                    6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

great soundclips of the full 3" catback without a cat... I think those are the best I've heard (the most accurate). Its really hard to get a good exhaust sound.

If I don't go with my secret exhaust plan, I will go with exactly what you've got :D
                      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

oh and for those wondering where my clip is, it's right over here! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I personally like my topend sound better...refer to clip at 1:17 mark. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=6&t=009728

[ December 03, 2002: Message edited by: 99Camaro99 ]</p>

Comment

99Camaro99, you might want to chunk up your mpeg there, that's a huge download and will keep many people from ever hearing it. It took a while for me to download on cable modem. I used Windows Movie Maker which is a pretty simple program to use and it gives you several options of the quality level that you want to save it at. I saved it at medium which sounds good but doesn't look the greatest, it's only 12.5K/sec.

Comment

sounds alot like mine but I have different tips and a high flow cat. I think videos were good .
                            40th Ann GTp 4door

Comment

Hey TTop34.. if you would like somewhere to host them without the linking/bandwidth/space limitations, just email them to me and I'll put them up on my new site. Send them to videos@fastrides.com and I'll send you back URL's.

cheers ;)

2000 Magnetic Red II Automatic Coupe
                              Best(s): Coming soon
                              99 Bright Red Turbo Firebird A4 T-Tops
                              Best(s): N20 - 14.01 @ 97.32 (1.64) Turbo - Coming soon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X