96 Intake Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Intake Conversion

I was sitting at lunch the today, and I was talking to my friends about designing a CAI, when I had the thought about swapping out the angled intake manifold, with the a 98+ and making my own version of the Whisper Lid or buying one. Do you think this is possible. It's the same engine, so I don't see why I wouldn't work. The only thing I would think was maybe the hood? What do you guys think?
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

just play around with it till it works, anythings possible with a little imagination and determination

[ November 28, 2002: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]</p>

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I pondered that same set up two weeks ago. One, your right the hood won't let it fit. Two, around the same gains from slp(or others) cai. The regular cai will run you less money then trying to convert.
      96 Camaro RS A4 T-tops<br />Loudmouth <br />and other audio mods

Comment

You can't swap intake manifolds to the 99+ straight TB style. You have cable driven throttle body, 99+ have drive by wire.

Comment

Yea, i don't think an electronic throttle body would even bolt up right. You'd be having all kinds of problems. It'd be a nightmare. Not to mention clearance issues. You'd need a whole new front end just to get a newer style hood. You probably would even have trouble mounting the airbox with our type of radiator and shourd on there. Youd be a whole lot better just getting a CAI or Ram Air system. I'd just get an SLP CAI but if you want you could design a really nice one.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X