unbolt stock exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unbolt stock exhaust?

Is there any easy way to unbolt the stock exhaust for drag racing and rebolt it back up when done?
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

My stock exhaust doesnt have any flanges or anything to unbolt. Only thing possible to unbolt was the manifold collector. Everything else like the cat and all is welded up. I think you should just buy a $20 cutout and have that installed.

Comment

on my stock exhaust you could unbolt it at the s-pipe i-pipe connection. But I dunno how you would tie down the exhaust while you race.

I mean you could duct tape it like a mofo to the cross member, but its likely you could burn the tape up.
      Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
      "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
      http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

one bolt clamp behind the s-pipe, pull on the muffler and it will come off it wont hurt just to let it sit under there like that the crossmember will hold it inplace it will just clang occasionally
        2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

I still vote for cutout.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pgriffith:
            I still vote for cutout.<hr></blockquote>

lol yes thats the better option [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks guys.
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
            Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X