Flowmaster question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowmaster question

I am planning on getting my catback during the holidays, and I decided on Flowmaster after listenning to a clip of it (comparing it to a Magna). Things is I noticed it was a 40 series and most of you guys have 80 series installed. Could you tell me what the difference really is between the two? Which do you recommend?

thanks
    Lenore<br />Red 1996 Camaro 3.8L M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series, Pro-5.0 Shifter

The 80 has one in-pipe and two out-pipes. It is made just for our camaros/birds. The 40 has one in and one out. If you don't mind the one pipe you are set. You could also have a shop make a y-pipe so you could have two pipes under the bumper. I would spend the extra $$$ and get dual pipes. No flame to others but I really hate the one pipe look. Reminds me of a Rice Rocket.
    White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

Being a V6 the single pipe doesn't bother me.
      Some people on this board dislike the 40 series, saying they're ricy, but mine is quiet to be ricy. (but then I've got the Delta). ON the inside, during the 2000 rpm range it sounds a little hollow, probably because the Delta is supposed to dampen the interior sound. From the outside, it sounds good-ME thinks. (anything about 4500rpms sounds stock to me).

Everyone seems to go with the 80 series, though, look into that. I'm sticking with the 40 for now. The only thing I would change on my 40 D Series is large piping.

Haven't heard an 80 series (I will tuesday when I get my comp. sound card fixed) so I can't say. Check out 99camaro99's clip (80 series) if its still up.
      1998 3.8 Camaro A4, <br />B&B Triflow CatBack,Whisper Lid, <br />1987 s10 Blazer 350 V8 shift kit,

Comment

Anti Flame Shield Activated:

now thats over, get a 80 series, designed for our cars, sounds kickass. IMO it is the best choice, many others here will say that and can we all be wrong =) actually between Borla, dynomax, and flowmaster 80 there is very little differance. But I like all ranges on the 80 series. Get a cutout so you can be loud when you want to be and then your all set.
        1998 Firebird 3.8, A4<br />Mods: Alum Ds, Yank TC 2800 stall, Rksport lid, FTRA, SLP air temp sensor, K&N, Flowmaster catback 2.5\" w/cutout, 3:42 gears w/LSD<br />Best E/T: 15.6 @ 86 mph (w/o gears / lsd or verter)<br />Best 60: 2.234<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com</a> -- club site<p>To come?: l67 piston package hardened, turbo? spray? low 12\'s? well see

Comment

Thanks all, 80 it is.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by satellite98:
            Check out 99camaro99's clip (80 series) if its still up.<hr></blockquote>

nope it's not up anymore, my friend deleted it :( ]

Merlin, go with the 80 Series, I've heard from most people that the 40 series sounds better on a V8 then our V6.

Comment

One more question. I called the shop where I was gonna get it from and they told me it was $400 for the whole catbak. Does this sound a little high to you guys? I will be installing it myself. Sorry but I'm a noob.

thanks.

Comment

that's not bad.

My muffler was $160
                I-pipe $170
                Modded stock cat $40

$370 for parts + install

Your price is good. BTW, this didn't include tips for me.

Comment

I dunno what exhaust I got for my 01 3.8l camaro. Can anyone help me? I did get dual 3 1/2" tips, its throaty and its flowmaster. I paid 210 for the muffler. anyone think its 40 or 80? I forgot to ask them, but maybe i will sometime.
                  Go Fast or Dont Go

Comment

well i say flowmaster now after listening to several sound clips and hearing it in person....good thing my friend left his old 80 series at my house so i got a free muffler woohoo
                    1999 Firebird Black<br />A4 3.08 gears<br />Mods: Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, Raised Air Box, K&N Air Filter, Direct Hits Ignition, Flowmaster American Thunder 3\", 160 Degree Hypertech Thermostat, SLP Fan Switch, 3\" High Flow Cat<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=273903\" target=\"_blank\">My car on Cardomain</a>

Comment

Mikey read the second post in the thread to answe your question.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99Camaro99:
                        that's not bad.

My muffler was $160
                        I-pipe $170
                        Modded stock cat $40

$370 for parts + install

Your price is good. BTW, this didn't include tips for me.
                        <hr></blockquote>

Holy God, you got so boned on that install. Jeebus!

Did they at least give you a courtesy reacharound?

T

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by THUPERMAN:

Holy God, you got so boned on that install. Jeebus!

Did they at least give you a courtesy reacharound?

T
                          <hr></blockquote>

lol...which part do you think I got ripped on? The I-pipe? BTW I didn't go to a place that does the cheapest service, but rather to the place that has by far the best reputation. I'm willing to spill out a few extra dollars to make sure the job is done right.

[ November 18, 2002: Message edited by: 99Camaro99 ]</p>

Comment

here is an 80 sound clip from my car

http://www.redlinevsix.com/Members/Magic1872/index.htm

just click on video and it should work
                            Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

thanks all I just ordered it !! well my dad did from a guy he "knows" who owns a shop and gave him what I believe is a sweet deal ($250) for the whole cat (flowmaster 80). I'm psyched!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X