I'm installing my headers tomorrow... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm installing my headers tomorrow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm installing my headers tomorrow...

Bossman gave me a day off tomorrow.
    Wish me luck!

I know I'm gonna need lotsa patience, and lotsa time.
    <i>00\' NBM Firebird~T-5<br />60\': <b>2.29 sec.</b><br />1/4: <b>14.7 @ 95.5 MPH<br />Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for me.</b></i>

I was able to do it on a Saturday and Sunday....should be able to do it. Good Luck!
    <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

Hope you don't run into any problems.. good luck bro.
      00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Feel free to give me a call anytime if you run into problems or have any questions. I'm here 9-6pm Central tomorrow:) Good luck!
        <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Spray your bolts down tonight, and put your gaskets in water over night [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Pick up a set of 3-ply metal gaskets from NAPA and some spray on RTV gasket maker. will save you some headaches.
            Good luck!!
            \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

good luck man
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by ellik:
                Pick up a set of 3-ply metal gaskets from NAPA and some spray on RTV gasket maker. will save you some headaches.
                Good luck!!
                I'd disagree with this one. I've seen too many O2 sensors messed up and giving bad readings after the RTV was put on header gaskets. A good metal gaskets (aftermarket or stock) with the bolts torqued down correctly will do the trick just fine!
                <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Finished!!!! Damn, that was a biatch!!! It took me 1 1/2 days to get those stockers off and 1/2 day to put the headers and the Y pipe. I drove the car with open headers and it was COOL! Then I had the Y pipe bolted on and welded a new cat with a cut-out right after. This combo is SWEET! It sounds like a V8 borla IMO. [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

P.S.
                  Whoever tried and accomplished installing headers to their car by themselves should get a purple heart. I have cuts and bruises from this crap. :(

[ June 14, 2004, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: BLUE ]
                  <i>00\' NBM Firebird~T-5<br />60\': <b>2.29 sec.</b><br />1/4: <b>14.7 @ 95.5 MPH<br />Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for me.</b></i>

Comment

Yup =) My hands were messed up bad. Did it in the parking lot infront of my apartment lol.
                    00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

tell me about it.. im either in school or at work during the daytime.. so i had to do my header installation at night.. it was just me on myback, car on ramps, and two friends handy for flashlights, and beer runs.

took about 10 hours total.. i couldnt tell you how many bumps and bruises i had on my hands after those nights.. it paid off though. i was quoted 550 for header installation by various shops.
                      96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

LOL That reminds me... I didn't have a flashlight or anyone to hold one for me so while trying to work on it at 10pm I ended up putting a gasket in upside down and for the life of me couldn't figure out why the last two bolts wouldn't fit lol. [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          3 days ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Little work today
                          by ssms5411
                          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X