whisper lid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whisper lid question

Does this help make your car sound better or anything?
    98 silver 3.8 A4, cold air induction, K&N filter<br />Flowmaster 80 series muffler, 2.5\" pipes, Trans go shift kit<br />corvette servo, Big end performance trans cooler<br />:Apperance:<br />Chrome SS wheels, 4\" cowl induction hood, SS spoiler,<br /> Tint: 36% sides, 5% rear,<br />Rear camaro indention black, big bow tie in rear window

actually its more for appearance, its kinda like a ground effects kit but not really ;) just kidding

a search on this topic would have found that many people experience a little deeper exhaust note and a louder engine noise inside of car...maybe a better choice next time, searching.

[ March 11, 2002: Message edited by: hawgs ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hawgs:
      actually its more for appearence, its kinda like a ground effects kit but not really ;) just kidding

a search on this topic would have found that many people experence a little deeper exhaust note and a louder engine noise inside of car...maybe a beter choice next time, searching.

[ March 11, 2002: Message edited by: hawgs ]
      <hr></blockquote>

Spell Checker anyone???? whisper is a decent choice but i think the ghetto way is good enough

:D

Comment

i've heard of the 'ghetto way'.. isn't that like filing some tabs down or something? how exactly is that done?
        \'01 Arctic White Firebird 5spd <a href=\"http://www.uncon.net/gallery/Upload?page=3\" target=\"_blank\">Totaled</a><br />\'99 Pewter T/A 6spd <a href=\"http://www.uncon.net/gallery/Upload?page=4\" target=\"_blank\">Replacment</a>

Comment

the GHetto way in my opinion is nowhere near as good. The whisper lid is a little taller the opening from the lid to the TB is a big *** circle instead of an oval...AND it looks better. Sure the ghetto way is alright but get the whisper lid youll be happier. ALSO the lid DID change my exhaust sound and it changed the sound of the motor. It sounds a bit meaner if you ask me.
          2001 Black S10 Xtreme 4.3L A4<br />*RedLineVSix*<br />\"Throwin sparks, draggin frame\"

Comment

The whisper lid hole is alot bigger that the stock lid hole regardless if the fins are removed or not.
            <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Well i did all the free air mods, including dremmeling down the stock air lid, and i have found it to sound just the same as someone who went out and spent all that money on the whisper lid, just my 2 cents [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
              <a href=\"http://www.velocitysix.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Velocity Six Car Club</a><p>1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />15.384@87.13mph

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99V6Redbird:
                Well i did all the free air mods, including dremmeling down the stock air lid, and i have found it to sound just the same as someone who went out and spent all that money on the whisper lid, just my 2 cents [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

How do you know it sounds the same? Did you use to have one?
                <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X