Dynomax or Hooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynomax or Hooker

I'm getting rid of my flowmaster, and have decided on either the super turbo or the aerochamber. My question is which of these will produce the least amount of interior resonance and the deepest low-end tone on a 3.8l with pacesetters and 3" piping? I am wanting to install it this weekend, so I need to make a decision soon. Also, I'm adding a 3" high-flow cat if that makes any difference. And I have searched but everything I found was vague and unhelpful. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.
    -Travis
    2000 Sebring Silver Z28 M6<br />Jet-hot lt\'s,!cats, Hooker aerochamber,slp cai,mti lid, slp ss hood-spoiler-cme,eibach springs,bmr control arms & relo. brackets,bmr adj. phb,slp sfc\'s & stb,b&m ripper,Z06 wheels, Nitto 555\'s, and much more

I've never heard the Dynomax, so I can't give an unbiased opinion. But I would definitely recommend the Hooker. It has a lot less interior resonance than the Flowmaster, especially at cruising speeds. The only time it gets loud is under acceleration, and the Hooker dual/ dual tips look awesome.
    2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

Thanks for the info. How is the tone of the hooker, is it deeper like the flowmaster, or raspy? I'm keeping my cme tips, so my only concern is the muffler. Thanks again memphis.
      2000 Sebring Silver Z28 M6<br />Jet-hot lt\'s,!cats, Hooker aerochamber,slp cai,mti lid, slp ss hood-spoiler-cme,eibach springs,bmr control arms & relo. brackets,bmr adj. phb,slp sfc\'s & stb,b&m ripper,Z06 wheels, Nitto 555\'s, and much more

Comment

It doesn't "rumble" quite as deep as the flowmaster, but it does have a nice throaty growl at idle. After having the Hooker, I wouldn't have another Flowmaster if someone gave it to me.
        2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

My love my Hooker... muffler... There's no rasp at all with my setup, ask the guys in Dixie Six for proof! Hooker is way better than Slowmaster in sound and performance. I don't see why anyone would still buy Flows, it's old engineering, it's time it went the way of the Cherry Bomb.
          2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

I'm thinking about picking up a Hooker in the near future.
            Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

any sound clips?
              also did you guys get the catback? if so where from?
              thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
              1997 Y87 Camaro<br />SLP CAI<br />Exhaust cutout currently capped

Comment

Originally posted by HAZ-Matt:
                I'm thinking about picking up a Hooker in the near future.
                Come to Vegas! :D
                Tom<br />Too many mods for this sig.<br /><a href=\"http://www.l337server.com/Tom/cars.html\" target=\"_blank\">My car\'s site</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.FullThrottleV6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

Dynomax has a nice throaty rumble at idle and does not sound "ricy" at high rpms. Not as loud as flowmaster but still, a nice sounding muffler.
                  3.4L M5.....TOO MANY MODS TO LIST!!!!!!!<br />Best 1/4.... 15.739 @87.58mph (Before 3.73/lsd)

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMachine:
                    Dynomax has a nice throaty rumble at idle and does not sound "ricy" at high rpms. Not as loud as flowmaster but still, a nice sounding muffler.
                    Yeah it did, when I gave you that head start, I heard it ricing out and when I drove past you. [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img] :D

j/k bro.
                    -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

im thinking about hooker or b&b.
                      1997 Y87 Camaro<br />SLP CAI<br />Exhaust cutout currently capped

Comment

Originally posted by Fredless:
                        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GreenMachine:
                        Yeah it did, when I gave you that head start, I heard it ricing out and when I drove past you. [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img] :D

j/k bro.
                        </font>[/QUOTE]Tool [img]tongue.gif[/img] Lets meet up wendsday night at DQ on SR 54, then I will show you ricy :D
                        3.4L M5.....TOO MANY MODS TO LIST!!!!!!!<br />Best 1/4.... 15.739 @87.58mph (Before 3.73/lsd)

Comment

tomorrow wednesday? Call me to confirm. You got my cell.

I leave work around 6:30 everynight, so i can be there at 7pm.
                          -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Price wise, hooker is a cheaper catback, but dynomax is a cheaper muffler. They're both mellow sounding exhausts, so it's your choice.
                            <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Originally posted by Fredless:
                              tomorrow wednesday? Call me to confirm. You got my cell.

I leave work around 6:30 everynight, so i can be there at 7pm.
                              Will do [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X