• Higher combustion chamber temps & pressure</font>
    • Possible detonation/knock</font>
    • Lower fuel economy</font>

Pros:
    </font>
    • Cleaner intake manifolds</font>
    • More room in engine bay</font>
    • No leaks from header</font>

Really, if you don't have a need to remove it (such as a leak at the header) then don't bother.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

i have a leak that is getting on my last nerve
      headers, high flow cat, slp loudmouth
      powerdyne supercharger 6psi
      GT2 cam. all done by myself :banana:
      Hell yea

Comment

Radcat, a local buddy of mine said his makes his bird run rich starting the car and for a few minutes afterwards
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

whay you mean by Possible detonation/knock????
          and do you guys know where can i get the EGR piping i need the one from the egr to the header

[ November 12, 2004, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: BAD BIRD ]
          headers, high flow cat, slp loudmouth
          powerdyne supercharger 6psi
          GT2 cam. all done by myself :banana:
          Hell yea

Comment

Originally posted by BAD BIRD:
            whay you mean by Possible detonation/knock????
            The whole reason EGR is there is to reduce combustion chamber temps, which reduces Oxides of Nitrogen in the exhaust and helps prevent detonation. With no EGR system, you have a higher chance of experiencing detonation.

The part number for the pipe you need is 24508446.
            Matt
            1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
            Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

egr only functions when "cruising" not at wot or lower speeds or when the engine is still warming up. Detonation/knock usually is not a problem with it removed. I have had mine off for quite awhile and have had no problems except ses light, but does not affect driveability.
              egr is only an "emissions system"

If it is not leaking or malfunctioning there is really no reason to remove it. Not really beneficial.

[ November 15, 2004, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Spock ]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spock:
                egr only functions when "cruising" not at wot or lower speeds or when the engine is still warming up. Detonation/knock usually is not a problem with it removed. I have had mine off for quite awhile and have had no problems except ses light, but does not affect driveability.
                egr is only an "emissions system"

If it is not leaking or malfunctioning there is really no reason to remove it. Not really beneficial.
                that is damn close to exactly what my ASE Certified Master Technician Teacher told me
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

**** EGR. I rebuilt mine (as far as tearing it down and cleaning the piss out of it) and it still does that SES on decelleration bull crap. It can rot in hell.
                  2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

if you don't have a problem I would leave it. They are there for a reason and they do work. Us LT1 guys remove our but it srves a functional reason to do so.

Speedracer. sounds to me like you have a pintal error causing the light. Probably what happned is the computer learned a closed pintal value that doesn't represent true closed pintel of the valve itself. No matter what you do it will never work untill you have the PCM relaern the closed pintel position. you might just plain have a bad valve as well.
                    1996 Silver camaro Z28. M6,<br />12 bolt, 4.11\'s, posi, Rear cover, Spec stage 2, loudmouth, more <a href=\"http://home.mainstreamtopics.com/?index=3&module=1\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.mainstreamtopics.com/?index=3&module=1</a> &lt;Mods, Pics & more <a href=\"http://home.mainstreamtopics.com/?index=3&module=2\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.mainstreamtopics.com/?index=3&module=2</a> &lt;Fbody Tech Articals

Comment

Mine doesnt work either. Mine started acting up saying the 2-3 solenoid valve or something or another like that was messed up...I dunno I just made a block off plate for mine. I tried cleaning it out by taking EVERYTHING apart and cleaning and even greasing all the moving parts but still didnt work so I just blocked it off again. So im with speedracer on this one, egr can rot in hell.
                      1995 Arctic White Camaro. 3.4L/A4<br /><br />\"Stupid men make mistakes, wise men learn from mistakes\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X