Stock tubular manifolds, or headers . . - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock tubular manifolds, or headers . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock tubular manifolds, or headers . .

I have a set of RK Sport headers sittin in my closet, and I had planned on installing them this weekend. However, after reading some posts from others here, I'm not quit sure I would see an improvement over the stock tubular manifolds. Anyone have any opinions on this?
    2000 Firebird M5<br />Ghetto lid<br />Lost the air silencer, told the wife \"Gee honey, must of fallen off somewhere\"<br />K&N filter<br />Dynomax cat back<br />Tinted windows<p>In stock but not installed yet:<br />SLP ram air hood<br />RK Sport headers<p>\"You want how much for that . .?\"

Unless you're getting NOS or a blower, it's a waste of money on the 2000+ cars.
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Agreed.
      -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Guess I shoulda mentioned the N2O thing. I plan on running a 50 - 75 dry shot here in the next month or so. I guess that means it won't hurt to install em then, eh? (I was looking for an excuse not to do it, I've heard the horror stories about RK Sport Headers.)
        2000 Firebird M5<br />Ghetto lid<br />Lost the air silencer, told the wife \"Gee honey, must of fallen off somewhere\"<br />K&N filter<br />Dynomax cat back<br />Tinted windows<p>In stock but not installed yet:<br />SLP ram air hood<br />RK Sport headers<p>\"You want how much for that . .?\"

Comment

Imo, being that you already have the tubular manifolds, you wont get much. Even with nitrous there wont be much of a difference. Its just the fact that the tubular manifolds are damn well close to shorty headers. If the primaries of the RKsport headers are larger than the manifold diameter, then i would say its worth it, but if they are the same or very close then there isnt much of a point.

Heck, either way you do it, i might be interested in buying the left over manifolds or the headers for my 99'. Let us know what you decide.

~Brian
          NEW 2002 Onyx Black SS Camaro<br />M6, leather, T-tops, Hurst shifter<p>sold: 1999 Pewter V6 A4 Camaro

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I'm thinkin I may just sell the headers and stick with the stock manifolds. I'm sure I can find a use for that money. Like getin my ram air hood painted and installed :cool:

Comment

Dood!!! Put them on! You don't understand, none of you guys get it. The tubular manifolds don't flow better, they are just for convenience to change the plugs and wires. I SERIOUSLY don't think that they flow any better. I'll let you know the difference once i put on my CIAs as soon as they get here (argh). Don't sell them, just have the Y pipe welded at the flanges. You won't regret the sound either!!! I promise!!!

Scott

Comment

No **** i got my headers and they help much more i have nitrous and they are much better and the sound is so much better than the manifolds dont sell install u wont regret
                <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

$500. for 5-10 hp! Can't do it. I'd rather wait to pacesetter comes out with theirs for half the price.
                  <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

what kind of gains will be seen on a 97 firebird? Considering that I have the piece of $hit manifolds? I was also gonna buy pacesetter headers when they come out.
                    Thanks,
                    Brandon
                    2000 Black T/A M6 343rwhp 349rwtq<br />11.94 @ 118 60\'1.79 Stock Internal<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/demonicbird00\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/demonicbird00</a> <br />AIM: W68Firebird97<br />R.I.P... Christine 12/25/02 <br />1997 Firebird W68 Black<br />14.887 @ 90.08

Comment

Wow, this post changed directions fast! . . . As far buyin em, I already have em, Shortdog, to late. Lol, Guess I'll just wait and see what happens. Maybe I'll install the N2o first, dyno, then install the RK Sports, dyno, and see what happens.

Comment

yea, do the dyno with the nitrous and the manifolds, then with the headers. Maybe we can get some real info on those manifolds.

~Brian
                        NEW 2002 Onyx Black SS Camaro<br />M6, leather, T-tops, Hurst shifter<p>sold: 1999 Pewter V6 A4 Camaro

Comment

Ok... Headers at more of a sound improvement than HP improvement. If you what the v8 sound headers are the way to go. If you want preformance on a budget then maybe the 00+ manifolds are the way to go.

Geez...

Down boy... Toto... DOWN!
                          Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
                          "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
                          http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

the 00 manifolds are basically shorty headers. they do give a slight gain. ever notice how the 00+ models tend to run stronger with fewer mods? now, if you're going to run a larger shot-a-juice, or throw on a blower or turbo, than a longer tube header would be the way to go. however, on a stock-ish engine, it's just best off to get the cat back and 3" cat, with a 3" s pipe, and leave the manifolds on there.
                            2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Might as well install them. It couldnt hurt. You have already bought them and you already have them so I would just put them on. But if you decide to get rid of them I would gladly purchase them from you for a good price. Let me know.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X