MAF Screen and the SES light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF Screen and the SES light

OK, new problem. I took my MAF screen out yesterday while tinkering around, and today while I was getting lunch, my SES light came on. The car runs perfect, so could the missing MAF screen be what's tripping the light? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    1998 3.8 M5<br />246.4 rwhp unknown torque<br />2000 Z28 M6<br />393.7 rwhp 380.6 rwtq

clear pcm codes and see what happens. if you still get light, pull codes and post.
    ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

I got the same thing just a few days ago. First, it could be the computer getting used to the larger amount of air getting into your engine. Second, make sure your air filter seals your air box completely. I got a piece of lint/string in my maf because of a 1/2 inch gap that wasn't sealed by my filter or airbox. If your car ever feels like you just put in a huge cam or wants to stall on you or vibrates horribly, check the sensor first.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

I have the SLP cold air intake on there and when I installed it, I took extra care to make sure it all sealed up properly. Like I said, the car feels normal, if not running a little better, so I don't think anything is wrong at this point. How do you reset the PCM codes?
        1998 3.8 M5<br />246.4 rwhp unknown torque<br />2000 Z28 M6<br />393.7 rwhp 380.6 rwtq

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 98Wicked6:
          I have the SLP cold air intake on there and when I installed it, I took extra care to make sure it all sealed up properly. Like I said, the car feels normal, if not running a little better, so I don't think anything is wrong at this point. How do you reset the PCM codes?<hr></blockquote>

pull both pcm fuses
          ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

I tried doing that and it looked like my fuse box didn't have any fuses in it for the constant PCM or the ign. PCM. The fuse box for that is on the drivers side of the dash, right? And can you reset it by completely disconnecting the battery?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 98Wicked6:
              I tried doing that and it looked like my fuse box didn't have any fuses in it for the constant PCM or the ign. PCM. The fuse box for that is on the drivers side of the dash, right? And can you reset it by completely disconnecting the battery?<hr></blockquote>

The fuses are under the hood. There are two of them that say PCM something. Pull those.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X