Need Help on Exhaust quick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help on Exhaust quick

Long story short, Local shop is installing my flow master 80 series (3" pipe), guy says he doesn't have the tools for making the bent s pipe. He wants to leave the factory cat and s pipe. Is this bad (i.e. reduce gains?)? he says it isn't but I'm not sure. And how long is the pipe that needs to be bent, and what shape (I'm assuming S since thats the name but you never know).

Thanks!
    97 firebird <br />Y87<br />Flowmaster 80 exhaust <br />SLP CAI<br />T-Tops<br />Balding tires!!

I would be worried if an exhaust shop it telling you they can't bend a pipe.

But aside from that... If you're going to replace the S-bend, I wouldn't bother with having them bend it. Just have them weld up two 90-degree mandrel bends. (I also hear 45 degree will work.)
    -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Will using stock cat and s pipe be detrimental, I mean will I really notice performance loss because of the stock parts?
      97 firebird <br />Y87<br />Flowmaster 80 exhaust <br />SLP CAI<br />T-Tops<br />Balding tires!!

Comment

I didn't notice any great power gain from the high flow cat. As for the S-pipe, I currently have the stock S-pipe and I-pipe, but will be replacing them soon when I put on my Dynomax. I'll let you know what the difference is...
        -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate the feed back. I drove home last night after getting the exhaust installed, and SLP CAI. Car semmed a bit more responsive, but its hard to tell if its just psychological or not. Was definately louder though, I do like that. One thing I noticed though, during Idle, like sitting in traffic, the engine was running hotter. When actually moving it went back to normal temps. Is that bad?

Any way, thanks for the replies!

Comment

Go to Meineke. They do a great job.
            2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X