Turbulence from cut-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbulence from cut-out

I just got my summit 3" cut-out today and I am wondering if when I have it capped will it create a large ammount of turbulence in the pipes and hurt my flow and sound. I did a search and found several opinions on cut-outs but not much on the turbulence end of things.
    BTW I have a single 2.5" borla muffler with dual 2.5" outs. And a high flow 3" cat.
    \'95 Med. Quasar Blue Camaro 3.4 A4<br />Bunch o\' mods<br /><b>10.18 @ 67.60 mph 2.22 60 ft (1/8 mile)</b> <br /><br />-1986 Camaro with a carbed 350<br /><b>8.53 @ 81.45mph 1.8 60\'</b><br />AIM CamaroL32

I don't know exactly what you're after by meaning turbulence, but it will rattle the F*** out of your inside when its wide open (uncapped). Probably not as much as mine because i don't have a cat on it. Try and get a resonator put before the cutout, that will smooth out the sound. I regret not doing that, and i'm going to when the headers are here and I have the Y pipe welded up.

It's so much fun to drive uncapped though. :D

Scott

Comment

I think he means since the cut-out turns down that when the cap is on that the flow will head down there hit the cap and have to come back up to the pipe to contiune to flow down the way. He is afaird that will kill his flow and change his tone when the cap is on. I would like to know this ?? also cause i have headers and 3" high flow and am puttin on 3"i-pipe and overaxel and wondered if I should put in a cutout also. Let me know if I am right.
      <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

posted by slacker69:
        <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>I think he means since the cut-out turns down that when the cap is on that the flow will head down there hit the cap and have to come back up to the pipe to contiune to flow down the way. He is afaird that will kill his flow and change his tone when the cap is on. I would like to know this ?? also cause i have headers and 3" high flow and am puttin on 3"i-pipe and overaxel and wondered if I should put in a cutout also. Let me know if I am right.<hr></blockquote>

Hey man you nailed it on the head, thats exactly what i mean
        \'95 Med. Quasar Blue Camaro 3.4 A4<br />Bunch o\' mods<br /><b>10.18 @ 67.60 mph 2.22 60 ft (1/8 mile)</b> <br /><br />-1986 Camaro with a carbed 350<br /><b>8.53 @ 81.45mph 1.8 60\'</b><br />AIM CamaroL32

Comment

I also am curious of this.
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Okay. If you get a new gasket for the cutout and make sure to tighten it up, it won't be much different if any when it's capped. If you keep the paper one it will break and sound kinda like, i don't know how to say it.... it sounds kinda cool, but you can hear it flapping around so it is kinda like an i don't even know what. Its half through the cutout and half through the muffler. I like it though. Especially without a converter. Hope this all helps a bit.

Scott

Comment

I don't know, buy my cut-out sounds good! None of that huge vibrations when it's wide open, just enough to be tasteful...Maybe my ram air anf the rest of my intake mods helped me out there though...
              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Hey OneQuickV6, where do you have your cut-out intstalled at? Do you have a 3.4 or 3.8?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X