Whisper Lid, "gutted" stock lid....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whisper Lid, "gutted" stock lid....

Has anybody compared the two to see if there's any difference? I mean, I could understand if the stock lid had a 2-inch diameter hole, and the Whisper had a 3-inch hole, but with the way the stock lid is designed, it looks like it may have the same overall area in the neck as the whisper, just that it's oval, instead of round.
    So, then, the baffles in the stock lid would be the only difference. Or, is there more to the Whisper Lid, especially something that justifies $130 for a piece of molded plastic?
    Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

I asked the same questions before I got the lid. The lid itself is still gonna allow more air in even if you go the ghetto route for the simple fact the hole is bigger. It's also long enough to replace that ugly silencer. I can't tell you if the ghetto route work just as good, but when I got the lid, I felt a little difference in HP and a very noticeable difference in the exhaust sound(deeper).
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Well...you've seen the before-and-after dyno charts showing the results of the Whisper Lid on my otherwise stock 99 Firebird (if you haven't, look here and here.)

But as far as I know, nobody's done a similar test on the "ghetto" method. It might be interesting to compare the results.

Rik

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X