Home Depot Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Depot Intake

Well, I attempted this last night. And being my car is a 98 the throttle body is bent downward. I think this home depot intake only works on 99+. So heres what I did to remove the air silencer. From the air box lid I attached the rubber hosing to a 4 to 3 inch pvc pipe reducer. Then off the 3 inch end I ran some dryer vent duct the tought metal flexible kind and went down and back up and connects to a 3 inch rubber seal and on the other side of the rubber seal is the throttle body. I wish I had pictures its really creative.

Please post some pics!! I will probably end up doing something similar to that as well. I would like to see how it looks. It doesnt look ghetto engineered does it?? I hate the stupid angled throttle bodies in the 98 cars.
    <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

Here's what I got from home depot...

That's 4" flexible dryer ducting... (fire resistant)

Check this out...
      intake pics...

Comment

Looks good but I wonder if that can somehow be painted with a flexible black paint. That would help keep it from standing out as much. I completely forgot about the IAT sensor too. Did you just drill a hole and move it?? Any problems with it in that location?? Thanks.
        <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

Jeff your a punk. Why couldnt you have posted those pics 2 nights ago? It would have saved me a lot of trouble. Your's looks better than mine too. Mine is WAY different design. I wish I could post pics but I have no digital camera or scanner.

Comment

The dryer duct I used is alot different. Is not as flexible. It kind of reminds me of those bendible straws. Its like one big kinky peice that you can undo and bend. Its alot stronger too.

Comment

becareful with that really fexible dryer ducting stuff, I would hit a bump occasionally and it woid hit the cooling fan and pop holes inot it.

Mine is a 3.4L i have a 3in-3in rubber coupling on the throttle body. 2 holes in it the crankcase vent thing, and the IAT sensor, then a 90 degree piece of PVC to a straight piece to a 45 degree angle piece of 3 in. rubber coupling. then hooked to a big *** filter.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Looks good but I wonder if that can somehow be painted with a flexible black paint. That would help keep it from standing out as much. I completely forgot about the IAT sensor too. Did you just drill a hole and move it?? Any problems with it in that location?? Thanks.<hr></blockquote>

I'm sure it could be painted, I kind of like it metallic though. (I like to call it ghetto-chrome) After spending like 4 hours trying to figure out a way I could put the IAT in the side of the flexible duct, I gave up, pulled out a drill and put it in the lid. I used 2 rubber washers that fit tightly on the IAT to hold it in place. (One on each side, I'll post some more pics today) however a better method would be to pick up a fat rubber grommet from ho-depot.

Haven't found any problems with this setup though...

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>becareful with that really fexible dryer ducting stuff, I would hit a bump occasionally and it woid hit the cooling fan and pop holes inot it.<hr></blockquote>

The fans on the 98's are electric and have their own fan shrouds so it should be okay.

Comment

Nevermind about that I reqalized you have 98+

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X