Trouble with MAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with MAF

Ok so, I took a suggestion to remove my MAF screen on my car..runs great until that night, when I pop an SES light..ok..don't panic..checked all the connections, I don't think i hit any of the wires inside the throttle body, and i'm pretty sure I didn't leave any part of the screen in there..But here's the kicker, I accidentally destroyed the screen taking it out, so my question would be..do I need to buy a new screen to fix it? I removed the ABS IGN and ABS BAT fuses (both 5v) for about 10 minutes with the ignition on, then replaced them with the ignition off, still no luck...any ideas??
    \'97 v6. based out. See sig.<br />\"I\'d rather be rich than stupid\"

Well for one thing you need to remove PCM BATT fuse to reset the computer, not ABS [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] and yes the problem is your screen being gone. Some cars will throw a code with it gone and some won't but in my opinion removing it does nothing for you
    97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

May be the computer learning the new air/fuel mixture amount. It also could be something stuck in the maf sensor itself.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X