whisper lid for a 98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whisper lid for a 98

How come the IAT sensor on a 98 v6 camaro is part of the hosing while I look on www.installuniversity.com the IAT sensor is part of the air box lid. In this case do I still have to remove the rubber grommet and the sensor to the new whisper lid that I am going to purchase?
    98 Camaro<br />Ravin Exhaust<br />Holley Powershot Filter<br />Raised Air Box Lid<br />Free Ram Air Mod

Yea I was wondering this myself...goldcamaro, where are you planning to get your lid from?
    1998 Arctic White Camaro<br />3.8L V6 M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series with 3\" tips<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N<br />Flowtech Cutout<br />Free-Ram Air Mod<br />Blue Underbody Neon Kit<br />3 MTX 6000 10\" Subs<br />Rockford 800a2 Amp<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/jeep327\" target=\"_blank\">My Camaro</a>

Comment

i was planning to get it from www.thunderracing.com The Whisperlid is 129.99 at their site. Every other site that I went to was 139.00-up
      98 Camaro<br />Ravin Exhaust<br />Holley Powershot Filter<br />Raised Air Box Lid<br />Free Ram Air Mod

Comment

Yup thunderracing.com was the cheapest place I found too. Just was wonderin if you found it for cheaper somewhere else.
        1998 Arctic White Camaro<br />3.8L V6 M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series with 3\" tips<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N<br />Flowtech Cutout<br />Free-Ram Air Mod<br />Blue Underbody Neon Kit<br />3 MTX 6000 10\" Subs<br />Rockford 800a2 Amp<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/jeep327\" target=\"_blank\">My Camaro</a>

Comment

The lid comes with a rubber grommet that you'll have to put in the lid hole for the IAT sensor. The rubber grommet is gonna be a lil hard to put in the hole, but you'll figure it out.
          <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

I just did this with the lid from Thunder racing. The lid comes with the grommet, clamps, and duct. The way I finally got the grommet on and the IAT through was to heat the lid up with a hair dryer. It made it just right. I struggled with the stupid thing for about 20 minutes before I finally thought about the hair dryer.It was very easy then. It's not that the grommet is taht hard, it's more getting the sensor in place.

[ March 16, 2002: Message edited by: RedBird98 ]</p>
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: \"WOW!!!!, what a ride!\"

Comment

Its an easy install- a nice mod too.

Cheers

Golden
              1998 Sport Gold Metallic Camaro 3.8

Comment

GOLDCAMARO, how you like it? The color i mean. I assume your camaro is gold. So is mine. love it. Just dont see to many gold ones. ya know.

Comment

The rubber grommet thingy is fun to install, a lil WD40 or silicon will make it slip in just dont get any on the sensor. I Purchased my Lid and Cold Air Induction (CIA) from
                  http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/v6catalog.html
                  They have an induction combo on the site. Works good looks good!
                  &gt;&gt;OH 1 FIREBIRD SunsetOrangeMetalic<br />Not at All Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X