Header/Computer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header/Computer Question

After a day of having my rksport headers on I decided to test out the car and leveled it from about 10mph (so that the tires would still have grip) Well the pedal was on the floor at about 20mph and once the car shifted (A4 Trans on a 3.08 Open) into second gear the rpm only could go up to about 3k or 3.5k and then the engine (for the first time) stalled on me. I pulled over to the side and checked everything out. It was fine so I went home. Later when I floored it, it didn't stall and i think I could feel the power increase in a way, the car seemed to accelerate faster. To make this long story short, why did the car stall? Was it the computer getting used to the increased exhaust amount or the fuel system? Is there any other mods like a bigger fuel pump and filter that need to accompany the headers?
    1996 Camaro 3.8L A4<br />*RK Sport Headers, RT High Flow Cat, B&B Tri-Flo Catback w/Quad Tips<br />*17\" Camaro SS Rims w/Firestone Firehawk SZ50 EP (275/40/17 Front, 285/40/17 Rear)<br />*SLP Speedometer Recalibrator<br />*American Sports Car SS Style Hood, Painted Green Disc Calipers and Drum Shells<br />*Charcoal Leather Interior

Most likely a blip in the computer getting used to the lower restriction headers. Don't worry unless it happens over and over.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

I didnt until today when the check engine light came on. should i reset the computer by undoing the battery for a few minutes?
      1996 Camaro 3.8L A4<br />*RK Sport Headers, RT High Flow Cat, B&B Tri-Flo Catback w/Quad Tips<br />*17\" Camaro SS Rims w/Firestone Firehawk SZ50 EP (275/40/17 Front, 285/40/17 Rear)<br />*SLP Speedometer Recalibrator<br />*American Sports Car SS Style Hood, Painted Green Disc Calipers and Drum Shells<br />*Charcoal Leather Interior

Comment

I won't reset the computer. Then it's going to have to learn everything all over again. I would give it some time and see if the light goes off after some driving.
        2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
        5 speed
        Project: Unreal
        Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
        2007 Chevy Aveo 5
        Mods K&N air filter:excited:
        www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

yuo should rest the comp. your car will run better and can adjust to the better exhaust flow..

the same thing happened to me the first time i used my n20. i hit the spray and when i let off and can to a street light my car died and the ses light came on. i reset the comp and everything has been butter since..
          97 CAMARO RS<br />12.9@103mph<br />best 60ft..1.9 ( on street tires)<br /> 1.7 (on gas)<br />turbo supra 12.5@119mph (street tires)<br />new times to come sporting the sp63gt

Comment

rksport headers were the biggest waste of money....470 DOLLARS FOR A 8 HP INCREASE WOW. piece's of s$%t
            RK sport headers<br />slp cai<br />custom transmission work/shifts at redline and quick as hell<br />b&m shifter plus<br />no back seat<br />no cat or muffler to z28 dual exhaust<br />160 degree temp<br />highflow rubber elbow/removed throttle body screen<br />200rwhp<br />eibach lowering springs<br />silver RS decals<br />brother\'s \'98 formula rims<br />400 watt jenson with rocksferd HE 12<br />nitrous or gears for the future

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Avery:
              rksport headers were the biggest waste of money....470 DOLLARS FOR A 8 HP INCREASE WOW. piece's of s$%t<hr></blockquote>

8rwhp at your current level... How much did you expect? You're not running a steaming V8 so the percentage sounds about right. It takes multiple things in combination to get power, some are very costly if you're trying to get to the edge...
              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
              Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X