raised air box mod question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raised air box mod question

I have done a search on the raised air box mod but I still have a question. I know I might sound stupid but where do you raise it from? Any directions would help.
    98 Camaro<br />Ravin Exhaust<br />Holley Powershot Filter<br />Raised Air Box Lid<br />Free Ram Air Mod

really simple, the four bolts that are holding the thing to the body of the car, take them out, pick up the box, slide a couple washers down over each hole, set the box back down, screw the bolts back in, and you're done.
    you can\'t get off if you don\'t get on

Comment

i only put washers on the inside...do I really need to put them on the outside bolts?
      98 Camaro<br />Ravin Exhaust<br />Holley Powershot Filter<br />Raised Air Box Lid<br />Free Ram Air Mod

Comment

simple, the washers go underneath the black plastic housing underneath the bolts. If you put the washers on top its not going to raise it. Use 3 washer's under each bolt. If you can fit more then great. Just make sure you can close the hood. 3 was the perfect # for me.

Comment

I did put them underneath the bolt but just the inside bolts not the outside. I think that you misinterpreted what I said since my wording was a little confusing.

Comment

I have seen some discussion on this along with sealing off the front of the airbox when you have the free ram air mod. Would you still raise your airbox if you have done the ram air mod? And if so, how does this affect/relate to sealing off the front of the box?

Just wondering about this....
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: \"WOW!!!!, what a ride!\"

Comment

Of course I did the raised air box mod without having the whisper lid installed. I am still saving some money up after my bills are paid for the month...I hate bills Does this free mod even help with stocked air lid still installed?

Comment

In my opinion just spend a few $$$ and get the Cold Air Induction. CIA It is not the hard to install and I suppose you could still raise your air box but don't see the need to with CAI on the car. However I could be wrong.
                &gt;&gt;OH 1 FIREBIRD SunsetOrangeMetalic<br />Not at All Stock

Comment

I raised my air box using a piece of rubber hose,
                  now i can fit my hole hand under the air box and
                  I notice that the throtle it's alot sensitive.I like it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  ~S87 Black 99 Firebird~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X