Ram air question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram air question?

I have an operational Ram air hood for my Firebird and was wondering if the Ram Air induction kit through SLP will work and will benifit my vehicle. I have a cold air induction through SLP, will this Ram air still work with that moidification on? Not sure what type of CAI. It looks like the same air filter just a cylynder looking piece behind the air filter box. The site I got this rami air inf off of is thunderracing.com . There is an SLP model and Fast Toys model. Which is better? Please anybody reply to these questions if you know any info..

Thanks,
    Chris
    1999 Firebird <br />Y87 Performance Package<br /><br />Borla exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat and 3\" pipe throughout, RK Sport Headers, K&N air filter, SLP CAI, Whisper Lid, 36 lb Injectors, ATI 3.8 Intercooled Procharger Kit.

Slp and fasttoys cold/ram air won't work with your hood. Those require you to seal the front of your air box, therby negating the effects of the ram air hood. If you go to suncoastcreations.com, their ram air kit will work or just the stock air box w/a whisper lid will work. Just stick with a raised air box, whisper lid, removed maf screen, and ram air hood and you'll get some good power out of it.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

What and where is the maf screen and how do I remove it from the stock air box?
      1999 Firebird <br />Y87 Performance Package<br /><br />Borla exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat and 3\" pipe throughout, RK Sport Headers, K&N air filter, SLP CAI, Whisper Lid, 36 lb Injectors, ATI 3.8 Intercooled Procharger Kit.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X